Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

My First Grow

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
This link is more comprehensive in the workings and explanation and should help calculate the fan size required ;)
I think you're looking at an extractor capable of pulling around 1400m3/hour to ensure zero smell whatsoever. That would mean the air is being replaced entirely almost every minute. There's nothing stopping you getting a higher rated extractor but the prices increase somewhat.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #42
So heres an update. Durban Poison Strain is growing taller everyday about half an inch maybe more, so I had to supercrop her. The only way the amnesia haze strain is gonna catch up is if I stall their height as long as I can because I know once all 3 are 20" above the soil, I will be switching to flowering so right now theyre at 16". I finally topped Ashley again yesterday and now shes done being topped. I just want 4 Massive Colas from her, not gonna attempt 8 because I have no space to accommodate the others otherwise I would. I literally spent 30 minutes suppercropping her because I really didnt wanna break her branch and patience is key because it all turned out superb.

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Nice job on the super cropping 👍
I have another question, during the flush period when I stop using all nutes I was wondering if I could mix in compost with the water I'll be giving them. Will this still bring a chemical taste or is it fine to do this?
Yes you could do this, or top dress the pots with compost and water it in, as long as there are no added chemical fertilisers in the compost you'll be good :)

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #48
I really think that success depends on how well you researched everything, being my first grow, I havent run into one symptom of distress from my plants. I've given the right nutrients, once a week, I buy 1 dollar gallon jugs of distilled water, added root growth solution to every watering, and silica to strengthen my plants. They have been so good to me so far and I am guessing harvest will be huge and I really can't wait.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #49
I have another question, what happens to all the smaller branches that actually shot up from below and is now receiving just as much if not, the same exact amount of light my main colas are receiving. Do they grow buds just as big as the main colas? Since their exposed to the same amount of light, I can't imagine them developing popcorn buds. So that is my question. thanks again

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
I have another question, what happens to all the smaller branches that actually shot up from below and is now receiving just as much if not, the same exact amount of light my main colas are receiving. Do they grow buds just as big as the main colas? Since their exposed to the same amount of light, I can't imagine them developing popcorn buds. So that is my question. thanks again
Yes you're correct, they will be a comparable size to your main colas :)

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #51
ok great another question, one plant has huge fan leaves the durban poison one. Her fan leaves keep overlapping the other leaves and I have good airflow but I'm deathly afraid of WPM so I tend to trim some off every now and than to make sure none is overlapping eachother. The plants are all healthy so I'm not afraid of stunting them plus I can only imagine that their roots is amazing right now. Am I doing any harm or is this okay as long as I leave a good amount of fan leaves left. I'm not bothering the ones that aren't overlapping any leaves but just those I'm worried about.