Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

My First Grow

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #101
Ah I dont have a ph meter, what is another way of fixing it. I’m not even sure if the stuff I’m giving the plants have calcium in them. Should I buy calmag? Or is it just a ph problem and should i check the ph of the water I’m giving them now?. The ph shouldn’t have changed since day 1 since I’ve been giving them the same distilled water. Unless the nutrients or mammoth p have changed the ph without me knowing.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Ah I dont have a ph meter, what is another way of fixing it. I’m not even sure if the stuff I’m giving the plants have calcium in them. Should I buy calmag? Or is it just a ph problem and should i check the ph of the water I’m giving them now?. The ph shouldn’t have changed since day 1 since I’ve been giving them the same distilled water. Unless the nutrients or mammoth p have changed the ph without me knowing.
Yes this. ph can drift over time as you add nutrient solutions to your medium some of which have quite high or quite low ph's, adding a couple of tablespoons of dolomite lime per pot can help stabilise ph so bear that in mind for your next soil mix.
If I was going to guess I'd lean towards ph but without the means to test it's guess work. A cheap yellow ph pen is definitely worth the money.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #103
Thank you, I'll be sure to get that before adding the next nutrient solution. Instead of dolomite lime, I can just use ph up or down to get the ph to where it needs to be, correct? Since you showed me the picture for the correct pH, 6.8 would be the correct number, right?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thank you, I'll be sure to get that before adding the next nutrient solution. Instead of dolomite lime, I can just use ph up or down to get the ph to where it needs to be, correct? Since you showed me the picture for the correct pH, 6.8 would be the correct number, right?
Yes around that number 6.5-7
Dolomite lime needs to be added/incorporated in to the soil mix, you could now add some to the top of the pots but this won't be as effective.
Testing your ph will tell you which way your pots are swinging, often in soil based mediums it's downwards (but deopends on ferts etc used and water ph) so if that was the case you would only need to buy ph up.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #107
gotcha thanks I just cancelled the dolomite since it won't be effective. But I do have pH up and down so after checking the pH of all the premade nuted water saturday when I get the meter, I'll be adjusting accordingly thanks sunshine ✊

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Check the ph of the premade nuted water before adding and also check the ph of runoff.
Your figures might look like this
IN - ph 6.6
OUT - ph 4.8
= A drop of almost -2.
If this was the case you would want to add liquid at a higher than ideal ph (+2) to get a soil ph broadly in the region you're looking for.
Hope that makes sense, any questions shout. Best of luck 👍

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #109
The thing is my waterings dont have runoff, I just water 3 liters every morning and by the next morning the top soil is dry, the leaves are still pointing upwards and I do the same. I feel like if i let it run, I wouldn’t have the watering schedule down packed and then Id have to refigure out the whole process of feeding them.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #111
So here it is guys, I gotta say this last defoliation made me hella nervous, because there just stalks now lol so heres how the girls look before all the removal of fan leaves =]

Attachments

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #113
Hey Sunshine you were right just got the meter today. The meter reading was 4.8 for all my nutrient solutions that I have premade. I have adjusted them to about 7.5 each. But you just saved me, i wouldn't have realized it and who knows what that would've done to my garden. The other premade solutions with mammoth p were all at 7 so the nutrients and additives were the culprit to my really acidic weekly dose. Thanks sunshine =] , nice to have someone around who knows their stuff.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hey Sunshine you were right just got the meter today. The meter reading was 4.8 for all my nutrient solutions that I have premade. I have adjusted them to about 7.5 each. But you just saved me, i wouldn't have realized it and who knows what that would've done to my garden. The other premade solutions with mammoth p were all at 7 so the nutrients and additives were the culprit to my really acidic weekly dose. Thanks sunshine =] , nice to have someone around who knows their stuff.
Glad to have been of assistance 👍
Plants are looking great, nice flowers my friend 🌻

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #118
Will do, I'll add pictures of each strain in its own message in my next update. Decided to buy calmag today which comes in thursday. Really finding it weird how courtney all of sudden doesn't become dry the next morning and the soil is still moist. She was needing to be watered every day a week ago until these brown spots started popping up. Now that the pH problem is corrected I still feel that she needs calmag to be part of her feed until the issue clears up, and just a small dose every other watering after. Danni might need it too cause her lower leaves are kind of a lime green color from the rest and it doess show some symptoms of a mag deficiency as well so both those girls will need it. Tilly is super green, doing amazing along with ashley. So really can't wait to nurse the other two back to health on thursday.

Thread starter #120
yea courtneys suffering pretty bad from ca deficiency. It's affected 7 leaves now and I spotted one leaf last week I should've bought it sooner. Lots of brown spots and it's giving me pretty bad anxiety. Will giving calmag tomorrow make it regain it's health? I'm really beating myself up over it. It's from all the reading I've done that it stunts growth, and sooner or later the stems will become hollow and brittle and begin falling over. Shes not in that shape yet but I really hope it's not too late.