Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Problem My outdoor grow in India.

I

Indy420

Thread starter #1
hi guys im growing some indian sativa dominant land race from bag seed .

previously i had some issues with height but in this grow threee seedlings went down. They grow up to some height then bend down and die. When I pull them out can see pulpy roots but the stem is very thin.
Guys may I know the reason y ? Is it soil or sunlight or over watering !

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @southindiansativa :)
The problem you're experiencing is classic "damping off". The basic problem is that your soil is far too wet and lacks drainage.
The soil mix you have has been severely over-watered but also the composition of the soil mix is not good, it is essential you add something to aid drainage and allow the roots to breath. Perlite is the ideal addition for this purpose, failing that add some sand to your mix and water a lot less.
When plants are small like that you should be adding only very small amounts of water and the soil should only ever be damp not soaking wet/waterlogged.
You need to add some drainage material to your mix urgently. Unfortunately it is likely that the remaining seedling will also perish so make sure you make a better mix for your next try.
Good luck, if you need any help or have any grow questions we're all here to help ;)

southindiansativa

04F7D6BA-4DA5-4FD2-AA6D-690AFCE37F51.jpeg
The problem you're experiencing is classic "damping off". The basic problem is that your soil is far too wet and lacks drainage.
The soil mix you have has been severely over-watered but also the composition of the soil mix is not good, it is essential you add something to aid drainage and allow the roots to breath. Perlite is the ideal addition for this purpose, failing that add some sand to your mix and water a lot less.
When plants are small like that you should be adding only very small amounts of water and the soil should only ever be damp not soaking wet/waterlogged.
You need to add some drainage material to your mix urgently. Unfortunately it is likely that the remaining seedling will also perish so make sure you make a better mix for your next try.
Good luck, if you need any help or have any grow questions we're all here to help ;)
Thank you for the info mate ... wll do a proper soil mix for my next grow ... But I hav grown two huge plants n my last grow with same soil & chopped then off due to over height since I’m growing it in balcony!!!

Does it have anything to do with the seeds !!! Caz most of the Landraces grown in india are harvest prematurely . so seeds are not good most of the time.

Have some quality seeds of landrace ... wll try them for my next grow ...

southindiansativa

B32FB48E-9A7E-4B12-A1AA-C792570E8451.jpeg
Like u said one more down as well

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hi @southindiansativa damping of is a direct result of the moisture levels in the soil which is the main factor, premature seeds are not a factor.
Avoid watering the seedlings, there is plenty of moisture in the mix, let them search out the moisture and avoid overwatering.
Your pics looks like they need at least a week or more without any water adding.
Here's an article about damping off
https://freecannabis.com/resources/how-to-spot-and-prevent-damping-off.43/
Good luck, as long as you let the soil dry out more and don't over wet it the seedlings will survive.

southindiansativa

Hi @southindiansativa damping of is a direct result of the moisture levels in the soil which is the main factor, premature seeds are not a factor.
Avoid watering the seedlings, there is plenty of moisture in the mix, let them search out the moisture and avoid overwatering.
Your pics looks like they need at least a week or more without any water adding.
Here's an article about damping off
https://freecannabis.com/resources/how-to-spot-and-prevent-damping-off.43/
Good luck, as long as you let the soil dry out more and don't over wet it the seedlings will survive.
Thanx for sharing the link man ... Very knowledgeable write up ... Now I know my mistakes. Learning new things every day about growing from this page :innocent:

southindiansativa

Guys suggest me some Auto strains for my outdoor balcony grow ... Need to be stealthy and easy since it’s my first auto grow. I smoke for Insomnia at bed Tym :sleeping:

Northern lights is my choice ... What else can I go for ! Some guys suggested Pinnaple express auto , Manala bomb auto from barneys farm .

Few Landrace Sativas are doing good after I killed many due to over watering o_O... But hav to wait till December for flowering ... Too long man :confused:

Thought of giving a try on autos! Gona order from attitude seedbank. Any other choice wer I get stealthy delivery to India !

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Strainsupermarket.com gives FC members 10% discount and you can get same seeds as any of the other seed banks and they stealth deliver to India, worth popping them an email once you've decided on seeds ;)
The own brand/fire seeds are the best value and the exact same seeds as most of the seed banks sell labelled as their own but for a lot less money! The seed businesss is 99% marketing and branding and 1% breeding :/
I'd recommened auto cookies, diesel, sweet tooth, northern lights, c99, blueberry so many good ones.
I'm sure whatever you choose it will turn out well if you make a nice light soil mix with organic amendments :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
I'd love to see a pure sativa grown in full sun! Good luck!
Why not transplant it into it's final pot in a few days? This would save transplanting it again.
I can't stress enough how bad your soil looks. It won't be an easy ride with that dirt, it's far too dense and will eventually cause you major problems.
If you could at the very least add some sand to your soil it would help alot but you really need to order some perlite online, it's worth every penny and you will get a much much better yeild with a good soil.