WANTED New grower, high barrier to entry

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems to be the consensus. Hopefully I will be able to see the difference first hand. Thanks to some generous members I've got some of both going side by side outdoors right now! Definitely interesting to see the difference in the un known and known strains. They are starting to stink just the tiniest bit now.

Edit* That sounds awesome about the home made nutes. Can you reference some decent starting material?

Purpljack

Aug 29, 2017
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's called by many names.
I know K.N.F
KOREAN NATURAL FARMING.
from mother earth, back to mother earth.
There's notill.
Living soils
And basically 1,000s more customed to each growers likes.
Figure out how you want to grow 1st. Then perfect it.
Simple.
It would be easier for my lazy ass if you googled it.
Quick lesson to make. L.A.B.
LACTIC ACID BACTERIA.
can be used on any growing method, on any plant, grass or tree. It is beneficial for human consumption at 1 teaspoon per glass of orange juice(Tequila optional).
It will unstop a hair clog faster than anything else ever( except hydrogen bombs)
1. Get a Qt. mason jar and fill it half way with rice.
2.fill that with water untill 7/8ths full.
3. Put lid on tight and shake for 5 mins.
4. Turn on stove, put the rice on to cook. That's part of your supper tonight.
5. Take the rice wash water from the mason jar and strain it into another mason jar.
6. Put the mason jar lid on loose so it can burp. And let ferment for 4-7 days in a cool dark corner.
7. Take a syringe or turkey baseter and remove only th liquid in the middle of jar. Top film is trash. Bottom layer is trash. Put that liquid in a mason jar untill half full. Then add whole milk untill jar is 3/4 full. Let it ferment in a dark cool corner for 5-? Days. You'll know.
When the liquid in the middle is different than the top and the bottom. Bottom is whey. I put it in my compost pile
The top is homemade cream cheese. Not from upunda.. Good to eat. Very healthy. I give it to the dogs and compost pile
Cleans dogs breath. Makes its coat soft and shiny. Just a teaspoon of L.A.B in the drinking water does to. Very healthy.
Mix lab. liquid with some brown cane sugar or molasses for storage at least a year in fridge.
That didn't cost more than a dollar.( after initial cost of sugar or molasses, broken down to each batch it can make)
8. Mix 1 teaspoon of lab with one gallon of water. Mix 1 teaspoon full of apple cider vinegar. Shake.
9. No more than once a week. Foliar spray plants. Or mix nutrients in for feeding.
If you like that .
Then you can make nuits for veg or flowers.
It's worth checking out.
It's not walking up to the cashier and paying for ready to go. You have to work(not hard) for this.its all over Google and you tube and fellow organic growers here at F.C.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time listener first time caller. I am amazed by some of the genetics I see here. Beginning an out door garden, finally got the hang of "popping" (i think) using bag seed. Ugh. Been contemplating this step for fifteen years but my have beans gone up on price! I would love some autos or even basic fems, but can't justify close to ten a bean when I'm bound to have issues.
Can anyone with some extra beans send some my way please? Not picky, just want something hearty for these hot southern summers. Thanks again.
Just wondering why you’re bound to have issues? If you have some hot Summer Southern days ahead the chances of autos will go South on you this late of a start. You need at least to start with a Sativa strain that can take the heat and humidity. You should be picky if you want success. Outdoors is great, go organic and skip the expensive chemicals, no flush needed. My autos will be finished in a few weeks, after that it gets too hot and stresses them out. At this juncture I would go photo strains and finish in October.

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering why you’re bound to have issues? If you have some hot Summer Southern days ahead the chances of autos will go South on you this late of a start. You need at least to start with a Sativa strain that can take the heat and humidity. You should be picky if you want success. Outdoors is great, go organic and skip the expensive chemicals, no flush needed. My autos will be finished in a few weeks, after that it gets too hot and stresses them out. At this juncture I would go photo strains and finish in October.
Hey Joe. Bound to have issues because this is my first time growing anything, ever. And I did have plenty of issues getting started. Just beginner shit. Interesting to hear that about the autos and the heat. That could definitely be an issue now.
Another thing I've learned is that pests love digging up jiffy starters. Any ideas to prevent that? Beautiful plants right next to them that were started straight in soil untouched.

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's called by many names.
I know K.N.F
KOREAN NATURAL FARMING.
from mother earth, back to mother earth.
There's notill.
Living soils
And basically 1,000s more customed to each growers likes.
Figure out how you want to grow 1st. Then perfect it.
Simple.
It would be easier for my lazy ass if you googled it.
Quick lesson to make. L.A.B.
LACTIC ACID BACTERIA.
can be used on any growing method, on any plant, grass or tree. It is beneficial for human consumption at 1 teaspoon per glass of orange juice(Tequila optional).
It will unstop a hair clog faster than anything else ever( except hydrogen bombs)
1. Get a Qt. mason jar and fill it half way with rice.
2.fill that with water untill 7/8ths full.
3. Put lid on tight and shake for 5 mins.
4. Turn on stove, put the rice on to cook. That's part of your supper tonight.
5. Take the rice wash water from the mason jar and strain it into another mason jar.
6. Put the mason jar lid on loose so it can burp. And let ferment for 4-7 days in a cool dark corner.
7. Take a syringe or turkey baseter and remove only th liquid in the middle of jar. Top film is trash. Bottom layer is trash. Put that liquid in a mason jar untill half full. Then add whole milk untill jar is 3/4 full. Let it ferment in a dark cool corner for 5-? Days. You'll know.
When the liquid in the middle is different than the top and the bottom. Bottom is whey. I put it in my compost pile
The top is homemade cream cheese. Not from upunda.. Good to eat. Very healthy. I give it to the dogs and compost pile
Cleans dogs breath. Makes its coat soft and shiny. Just a teaspoon of L.A.B in the drinking water does to. Very healthy.
Mix lab. liquid with some brown cane sugar or molasses for storage at least a year in fridge.
That didn't cost more than a dollar.( after initial cost of sugar or molasses, broken down to each batch it can make)
8. Mix 1 teaspoon of lab with one gallon of water. Mix 1 teaspoon full of apple cider vinegar. Shake.
9. No more than once a week. Foliar spray plants. Or mix nutrients in for feeding.
If you like that .
Then you can make nuits for veg or flowers.
It's worth checking out.
It's not walking up to the cashier and paying for ready to go. You have to work(not hard) for this.its all over Google and you tube and fellow organic growers here at F.C.
Thank you for taking the time to type this up. Very interesting. Now that I know what the acronym stands for I can indeed Google it.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Joe. Bound to have issues because this is my first time growing anything, ever. And I did have plenty of issues getting started. Just beginner shit. Interesting to hear that about the autos and the heat. That could definitely be an issue now.
Another thing I've learned is that pests love digging up jiffy starters. Any ideas to prevent that? Beautiful plants right next to them that were started straight in soil untouched.
Heat stress can cause plants to hermie, especially autos. Just from my experience. Digging up jiffy starters, I have no advise on that one.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You can get free seeds.
Bagseed are where I started. And they turned out better than anything else going around.
Genetics and growing skills go hand in hand. As your skills go up, so will your genetics.
If you read and study K.N.F. You can make your own Nutrients for pennies. And top shelf nuits at that.
My home made nuits I'd put up against any store bought. I sell gallon jugs of it for $35..locally.. I can make 30 gallons for less than $5. If you do living soil, you just need water.. Lights and cooling is where you want to spend your money.
Dropping Bombs of truth! Boom! I always knew you knew your stuff and have been waiting to try the seeds I got from you. Next year as I'm following some simple breeds I have to pull off this year. I need to feminize my Thai strain and want to feminize Wedding Cake. I'm also trial running some Cream Caramel and Pink Kush seeds and I might cross those with Wedding Cake or Thai if things go well. I'm wanting some Indica's of my favorite family lines in fems this year. And next year I hope to go purple.