Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Question New grower looking for feed back.

Kyfarmer84

Hello there bra,
It looks as if you have a nice lil space,so let's talk about ac and humidity control and let's make sure we have the right lighting for babies.what kind of light is that?
I'd be glad to help, it's why I'm here.check me out here on my grow journals.
Peace and happy growing.

Jason

Nice little home grow set up. You’ll find a lot of great feedback here. Just ask away with any questions. Like mentioned, climate control is important. Also, good genetics. Best advise I can give is read a lot and do your research. What are you growing there?

Ras Mountain

That's the beginning of root rot. Let them dry completely before the next watering. Also, give them a tiny bump of nitrogen next time to green them up a little.

Try calcium nitrate , urea, or Cal-mag at half-strength.

Also, you can try watering from below instead to help prevent over-watering and soil compaction.

TossWeed

Really hard to tell but looks like under the large drainage may be basically mud. Cannabis hates wet feet & pythium & nasties like it. Overall they seem to want to recover by appearance of top new leaves. I agree with Ras Mountain on this, dry out. I mean don't let them wilt. Most problems beginners have with weed are at the start. I prefer to put my new babie plants in east in morn & chase windows to setting west but they do okay under either a smaller light or have big light at least 3 to 4 feet up until they harden. I use both 1200 & 1800 watt led. In future to avoid this or transplanting now you need a good balnce of drainage & water retention : I prefer pro mix organic soil & like the bag with a tomato as the o in pro 😜. It has a specific mycorrhiza that will aid your babies but avoid promix inorganic ok it has a chemical wetting agent that is noxious. Any good organic potting soil is fine but get a bag of perlite & mix it about 1/3 to 2/3 potting mix outdoors & maybe wear a mask for dust. Never let your soil dry to where water channels through soil, common with peat moss or coir. If it does ever, water very slowly as in water in a circle go away come back until well soaked or water will pour through not even touching dry spots. My son near wiped out my almost done plants not getting this when I was on travels. Growing weed is so simple but it all starts with good soil & any promix organic or any good 1/3 perlite to 2/3 organic will just straight out fix problems from the get go but promix wins hands down as ph is also adjusted for you. It may be in your best interest to very carefully pop out of pot & very gently work little guys free of soil maybe lay on side on a table & once free put in quality pre soaked soil. Water in right away & do nothing but let grow for several weeks before repotting. https://www.promixgardening.com/en

Ras Mountain

I like the prospect of including beneficial mycorrhiza and the convenience of using soil. Some of the most delicious fruit I've ever eaten were grown in composted horse manure. Inorganic salt fertilizer is insanely precise, if practiced, and I also enjoy the convenience of having it for it's versatility at both in-ground and hydroponic gardens.

My questions are would dosing organic soil with synthetic fertilizer negate the benefits of microflora? Would it be of any use feeding molasses alongside synthetic nutes, such as Cal-Mag?

Last edited:

TossWeed

Cal mag is a rather neutral between world. I think I have to almost use the word organic when what I mean is natural. Peat moss is natural, coco is natural. Okay so soil is basically a mixture of sand in the form of clay which is just finer sand so fine nothing gets through so we make bowls of it or line ponds or dumps. Nature can add sand to clay, to this it adds coarser particles but they are all the same! ROCK LOL. 😜😃. Now adding minerals to rock is rather silly isn't it? So can you grow anything in clay well yes you can but why bother is the question? Well since clay is just fine rocks filled with all the minerals including gold at times our job is to access those minerals. This is why people are sick today. We eat food grown in a chemical slurry. That these same chemicals are made from oil by product is no secret. So natural & synthetic become important. Nitrates is not minerals & corn does not need 30-10-10 but sellers would have farmers believe it! N-p-k is nitrogen -phosphorous-potash. The last two are essential minerals! Nitrates today are generally in the form of anhydous ammonia from natural gas.

TossWeed

Oops accidentally hit send. Anhydrous ammonia. So the rest boron & so forth are minerals. To access these minerals in soil plants require what I will describe to you as put your study book away as you will spend eternity & to anyone reading this figuring it give up as there are millions of species in soil that busily do it for us. This is where compost comes in. So compost can be leaves & loam & bark or made compost. So think of forest as a compost pile & trees as a lake. To make growing medium just mix this compost to soil! Soil is rock broken down from boulders to clay in that order. So bit of clay, sand, pebbles, & natural loam from under trees or compost or manure you have growing medium that most call soil. The loam though is where bacterias & the billions live. They do not live in anhydrous ammonia. It is these bacteria, virus, fungi, worms to addnosium that makes this world work so why try defeat nature. In my day we just said give it up bucko why rock the boat. There is nothing else to it! The most complex science there is grows a redwood lol & you will not figure it out so just blend in with it. Potting soils are just a simple way of attempting to recreate this! So go with the flow & nature will take care of it. That said why try plant lets say weed seed on a mud flat in 150 farenheight. Nope. That is where we come in. So clay is mud. If we mix clay & bark the clay goes to the bottom & we get bark on top of mud, root rot. Our job is to step in & mix the before mentioned together so in steps peat or cocoa or god forbid nutrient slurry in water omg. The only reason plants uptake slurry is bacterias acids fungi that are in the air. Without nope won't uptake. So get them organisms into mix! They eat the rock & feed it to the plant through symbiosis! They adjust ph as well. So for me I like promix organic as it saves me a bit of work. Later in the grow sure I add mollases to feed microbes as mix gets a bit tired. The microbes though lol, I add compost tea gzillions & put worms in pot. All the rest is just about airation sizes of medium I have never used a ph test...Just add egg shells & soil to compost. As for medium I use it over & over! I suggest anyone reading this book I just wrote to embrace permaculture by design. Start here

Top Bottom