What's new

Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Problem New grower, need HELP saving plant.

New Grower Questions & Problems

Problem New grower, need HELP saving plant.

• Thread starter CheechnChong24
  • Start date
  • Reply 3
C

CheechnChong24

growing 4 hydro plants. germinated all the same time, only this one is giving me a problem. Week 2. I'm thinking of nutrient burn? 12 on 12 off. Any suggestions?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @CheechnChong24 :) Don't worry we'll help save it 👍🌿
It looks to more to me like a ph problem rather than burn, the yellowing pattern and lock out all point that way.
What's the ph of your res at the moment? What nutes and at what concentration (ec/ppm) are you feeding them?
Can I also ask why they're on 12/12 already? or have I misunderstood?

C

CheechnChong24

Welcome to FC @CheechnChong24 :) Don't worry we'll help save it 👍🌿
It looks to more to me like a ph problem rather than burn, the yellowing pattern and lock out all point that way.
What's the ph of your res at the moment? What nutes and at what concentration (ec/ppm) are you feeding them?
Can I also ask why they're on 12/12 already? or have I misunderstood?

Thank you for your reply! Using Advance Nutrients -Grow, Bloom, and Micro. 2ml each/per Liter. These nutes supposedly prevent any PH issues. The PH reading is about 7.8

I guess I am a little uneducated with the on/off hours. What do you suggest? Thanks again!

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Happy to help :) The ph is quite far out of range you really want to aim for 5.8 give or take. When you ph your res you will probably notice it swings upwards, if this is the case ie the ph rises slowly over a few days then start with a lower ph (5.5).
With a ph of 7.8, as you can see from the chart on the left below, many vital nutrients become unavailable to the plants leading to major deficiencies.

It may be worth going with 1/2 of the amount of nutrients you are currently using while you are fixing the ph problem.
Thank you for your reply! Using Advance Nutrients -Grow, Bloom, and Micro. 2ml each/per Liter. These nutes supposedly prevent any PH issues. The PH reading is about 7.8

I guess I am a little uneducated with the on/off hours. What do you suggest? Thanks again!
While you're growing the plants to a size ready for flowering you want to go with 18-22 hours of light a day and the rest darkness, these long days will encourage the plant to grow in size, then when the plant has got to around 1/2 the final size the light hours are reduced to 12 hours on and 12 off to trigger flowering (buds).
Put the lights on 22 on and 2 off for around 3 weeks for the plants to get to a decent size then flower. They've been on 12/12 for a short while so putting them on a long day cycle will help snap them back to grow mode.
I'm sure you can turn it round, good luck! Any questions post up :)

Top Bottom