Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Question New grower

New Grower Questions & Plant Problems

Question New grower

Grower416

I’m a first time grower I have two plants less then 2 weeks old and just started to notice that something is forming on top of them. Like I mentioned this is my first grow I am still learning.

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @Grower416 :)
Your plants look healthy so for your first time you're doing great so far.
just started to notice that something is forming on top of them.
What you're seeing are male flowers beginning to form on the top of your plants, unfortunately you want females which form buds rather than males that make pollen and are not good for smoking. 2 out of 2 males is bad luck but the experience you will gain will make for an even better harvest with your next plants 🌿
Were these auto flowering seeds? auto flowering plants will flower regardless of light hours, so even on 18 or 24 hours of light they will still automatically flower.
I suspect these probably aren't autos which means that they have been receiving less than 14 hours a day of light which has triggered them to flower from an early age? This would happen if they were on a windowsill for example.
To grow (called veggging) a plant to a good size we use 18hours light on and 6 off or 20 on 4 off or 22 hours on 2 off depending on your preference then to make the plants flower we reduce the lights on to only 12 hours a day and 12 hours complete darkness which triggers the plants to flower and if female produce sticky flowers of goodness.
You're going to need to start some new seeds and I'm sure this time you'll get at least one female and then you're cooking on gas 🔥
Any questions whatsoever just post up, we're all here to help each other grow better and there's nothing such a stupid question, it's better to ask and get a brilliant harvest than guess and get a measly one.
Good luck and keep us posted :sun:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠if you check your seeds 95% of the time you can tell if they are male or female , the Female up on end has a round volcano, the Male will not be so round sometimes like a football so you want the ones that are really round not a bit oblong
:)

Top Bottom