Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #182
Four ladies now, only the tallest remains to be seen. It seems obvious that these beans came from self pollination, likely due to stress knowing what group of people grew this. I'm sad the genes are unstable but hopefully i can keep them happy and they wont herm.

I guess that would explain my 11 true finger leaf with baby half fingers growing off the true ones. Its a neat looking mutation. If its salvageable when i remove it during harvest i will press it and post pics ;)

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Don't worry about them coming from bag that hermed, much of the nonsense about hermaphrodites parroted on forums as absolute fact can largely be ignored. Worst case, you'll get a dozen free female seeds from your grow, certainly not the end of the world.
If you were growing medical grade on a vast scale the potential for a few male flowers would be wholly undesirable but for a home grower I personally think it can be a nice bonus.
They're looking lovely by the way! Time to start keeping your eyes out for jars, you're going to need quite a few :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #184
Don't worry about them coming from bag that hermed, much of the nonsense about hermaphrodites parroted on forums as absolute fact can largely be ignored. Worst case, you'll get a dozen free female seeds from your grow, certainly not the end of the world.
If you were growing medical grade on a vast scale the potential for a few male flowers would be wholly undesirable but for a home grower I personally think it can be a nice bonus.
They're looking lovely by the way! Time to start keeping your eyes out for jars, you're going to need quite a few :)
Thanks for clearing that up @Sunshine free beans are definitely a plus, especially girls! There is so much "bro science" out there its maddening.

I already bought a dozen quart sized ball jars o_O

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #186
They're getting stinkier, and lots of side shoots are getting taller and thicker but no flowers have started yet just preflowers. I'm still waiting on the tall one to tell me if its a boy or girl.

In some spots on the tent i can see a faint glow of light from the hps when its totally sealed up and outside lights are off, generally coming from stitching though there are a few pin holes. I patched some spots with tape but i ran out. Is this as big a problem as the bro scientists let on? Theres not much light outside the tent during their dark cycle anyways.

20180306_131456.jpg

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #192
Those are some extremely healthy organic roots! :)
The fungi is the mycos you innoculated the soil with, it's looking excellent :sun:
They're growing through the pots! :skull:

I cleaned the tent thoroughly with bleach because i noticed either mold or mildew on the pot feet and on some of the lower pipes. There was none on the plants so i re arranged them and got the dehumidifier back in. Gonna trade my buddy a few lower shoots as clones for some smoke since he has a cloning machine.

20180307_154928.jpg 20180307_155008.jpg 20180307_155109.jpg 20180307_155213.jpg 20180307_155332.jpg 20180307_173653.jpg 20180307_173701.jpg

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #194
They're looking wonderful! :)
I traded 20 tiny shoots for some smoke, i may do 20-40 more in the next week or two. Since I'm sending clones out I'm gonna get weed back after they're grown and harvested anyways so no big deal, and its likely more shoots will either grow back or that much more energy will be focused to the tops so its a win win situation.

Some clones are gonna be put outside at my buddy's father's house and i can't wait to see how they do.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #196
Has the big one shown sex yet? Not sure if you said? :sun:
It refuses to tell me :( remember my supercrop? That was near the top and it split pretty bad. Now its a knuckle 1.5-2 feet down. They're stretching like crazy! The tallest is likely very sativa dominant.

Edit: This seems fairly damning right?

20180309_130302.jpg

Last edited:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #199
It's a male, give it until sunday to make 100% sure then chop?
On the plus side it'll free up much needed space :)
I'm not even mad, fingers have been crossed its a male for awhile now tbh. I will wait until i see some stem under the balls to chop. Maybe now i can weigh down some side shoots and spread the canopy out :)

Will the poor fellow have enough trichs to justify making bubble hash or infused coconut oil with or should i just turn him into smoothies and salads if he doesn't taste bitter?