Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #222
They are some very pretty ladies!!! I bet it smells delightful when you unzip the tent :)
It does! My gf says they have a roasted smell like coffee. I really don't know what it smells like but i love it :)

They've been on 12/12 for 11 days now and I see tons of hairs but no calyces or flowers forming yet. I've seen plants with buds at 10 days of flower. I'm wondering if they're getting woken up too early? I know its a bit premature to worry about that but some of the dark period is during the day, and the ducting glows from the inside when the light is on so its not light proof.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #224
Do what you can to light proof it more but to me this sounds entirely normal. It can often take 3 weeks for bud set to really kick in, and in the mean time they're just growing bigger and stronger :)
Cool, i will darken the room some more and wait patiently. I absolutely looove all the long white pistils everywhere. The pineapple didn't have much scent at all until the last few days, and now its pretty smelly. It has a musky scent like the male.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #227
Lmao! I was thinking the same as i was taking the pics today. I have been letting them get drier and watering them less as you suggested. I have some stems going to young fan leaves turning that raspberry color, which could be fine, or they could want Epsom salts but i wanted to ask you first.

Also I'm worrying about head room, i really don't want to cause light or heat stress or foxtailing on the colas.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Great minds my friend :laughing:
You've positioned your fan well which is great so I don't foresee any major issues with heat stress, things have to be pretty intense for it to harm them, they're tropical plants and used to intense rays.
Don't bother with epsom salts, just watch your watering and get a feel for how much they're currently using and don't over do it. You may find they use quite a lot less, that's fine, just give them a lot less ;)
Things are going to get very interesting from here on in! :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #229
Great minds my friend :laughing:
You've positioned your fan well which is great so I don't foresee any major issues with heat stress, things have to be pretty intense for it to harm them, they're tropical plants and used to intense rays.
Don't bother with epsom salts, just watch your watering and get a feel for how much they're currently using and don't over do it. You may find they use quite a lot less, that's fine, just give them a lot less ;)
Things are going to get very interesting from here on in! :)
It can take between a third and a half of a gallon to wet the soil all the way through. I rub the bottoms of the pots and add water till i feel moisture down there but is that necessary? I have thought that i need to ensure all the roots have moisture.

But yeah i really wanted to avoid epsom if i could so thats awesome. I gave them some extremely diluted molasses about halfway through veg, and then again near the end of veg and again for the last two watering this week, plain water in between. I see and smell a considerable difference now that they've been switched to 12/12 and it seems like i started getting the start of buds after i gave molasses again. I will likely continue to use in very small quantities to give the microherd a "treat".

After this most recent supercropping there was the usual drooping but I've started with a bit of mammoth p microbials as well since they're designed for organic flowering and often used with mychorizae and it seemed that the plants recovery time was much less than that of the male who had a lesser wound.

I'm sorry I deviated from the straight and narrow, but I can assure you I've done my reading and I'm being gentle so I don't upset the balance. I won't randomly add a massive amount of anything or give them anything other than what I've detailed here.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
It's excellent that you're taking a measured approach! Less is more!
A good way to do experiments like this is to add these things to 2 of your plants and not the other two, then you have a control group. That's the nice thing about having 4, you have side by sides for comparison.
According to google 1/2 a us gallon is 1.9 litres. I think you might find it easier if you add 1 litre of water at a time every few days so it's not getting too wet in one go. This may help getting the soil moisture levels in the zone :)

Last edited:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #234
It's excellent that you're taking a measured approach! Less is more!
A good way to do experiments like this is to add these things to 2 of your plants and not the other two, then you have a control group. That's the nice thing about having 4, you have side by sides for comparison.
According to google 1/2 a us gallon is 1.9 litres. I think you might find it easier if you add 1 litre of water at a time every few days so it's not getting too wet in one go. This may help getting the soil moisture levels in the zone :)
@Sunshine I've done as you suggested, and adjusted my waterings, and I'm now only giving the two on the left mammoth p and molasses regularly.

Do your plants seem to get "sleepy" for an hour+ before lights out? Mine droop like they need a pillow :joy: But every day when I turn the lights back on they're reaching for the sky.

The pineapple hasn't started much flowering like the gg4 yet so I moved the fan back to get more light to it from now on.

I've also started running the fan and dehumidifier around the clock, and I installed the carbon filter.

And thanks @BudMonster these ladies are wild. I don't even know how they got this big this fast, I thought it'd take aeroponics or dwc to get results like I have this quickly.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #239
It's not the end of the world, it'll just delay flowering slightly maybe adding 7-10 days.
How much would an extension lead cost with the correct plug to get the timer working?
I've never even seen one like the kind i would need, but either way its a mute point sadly because the wiring in the bathroom went bad so i cut the breaker off in there.