Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #321
You're new grow room mascot looks very cool :cool:
Can't wait to see some shots of the purpling!
Happy 420 :party::party::party:
Happy 420 my friend!!!! Time for a joint and some dabs :D

20180420_131449.jpg 20180420_131505.jpg

Here are some orange hairs. 20180420_131525.jpg

It's hard to capture the color on the bud so here it is on the leaf. 20180420_131617.jpg

And here's that little touch of foxtailing and leaf tacoing on the pineapple.

20180420_131630.jpg 20180420_131648.jpg

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Same to you!!! Looking nice and frosty :)
Loving the look of the pineapple cola :heart_eyes:
Is the carbon can taking care of all of the smell?
Happy 420 :party::party::party:
Happy 420 my friend!!!! Time for a joint and some dabs :D

View attachment 3344 View attachment 3345

Here are some orange hairs. View attachment 3346

It's hard to capture the color on the bud so here it is on the leaf. View attachment 3347

And here's that little touch of foxtailing and leaf tacoing on the pineapple.

View attachment 3348 View attachment 3349

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #323
When the tent is sealed, it scrubs all the smell but when the lights on I have to keep the tent wide open so it smells in the house. No big deal though, nobody comes here anyways.

I feel like the pineapple might take forever to finish. It's got a ton of loose white hairs and barely an orange hair on the whole plant.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #326
the pineapple looks :bomb:
Thanks man!

Had some update pics so I'll just attach them here :cool:

Forgot to snap pics but the soil is absolutely riddled with roots. You can scuff the very top mm of soil and be confronted with beautiful roots ;) they have made the dirt super tight though.

Attachments

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #328
Nice pics!!! Looks like they're really chunking up and packing on the weight now :heart_eyes: :party::party::party:
Bet it smells absolutely heavenly in there :yum
It sure does! Each gg have their own smelly nuances but they def smell related. Idk what to think of the pineapple. I always get a fruity hint but sometimes I pick up a sour note, or a touch of onion grass after handling.

If you even brush up against one of these ladies you've gotta wash up before leaving the house or risk reeking awesomely.

All have some orange hairs though the pineapple has very few, but the trichome heads are almost all clear so they need more time like you said.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #333
When did you last add any ferts? Mightn't hurt to give it a top dress with the fbb :)
Gardens looking nice btw, looks like you're in for a decent harvest!
Thanks @Sunshine trimming is gonna be tough work lol

I topped dressed 6 tablespoons of the down to earth around 3 or 4 weeks ago so it's very possible that they're hungry but after a closer inspection I noticed I have gnats. Idk how since I let them dry out a good bit between watering and I only give them around a quarter gallon apiece every 2-4 days.

I've deployed yellow sticky traps, is there any other countwr measures you recommend? I've read food grade dietamacious earth and a 1:4 ratio of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water can kill the larvae and adults. Though I'm out of funds for a week or so.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Gnats are definitely an annoyance. Let the medium get even drier (top few inches) in between the next couple of waterings and they will disappear of their own accord, also air flow over the soil helps. You can use DE and it is effective sprinkled on the soil surface but just letting it get more dry than normal should remedy it itself.
Trimming will definitely be fun, you're going to be spending a long day in trim jail lol :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #335
Gnats are definitely an annoyance. Let the medium get even drier (top few inches) in between the next couple of waterings and they will disappear of their own accord, also air flow over the soil helps. You can use DE and it is effective sprinkled on the soil surface but just letting it get more dry than normal should remedy it itself.
Trimming will definitely be fun, you're going to be spending a long day in trim jail lol :)
I had a small branch snap off about a week ago on one of the gg when I was moving them around, so I just trimmed it up and hung it and just trimming that little bit took awhile lol

20180429_175228.jpg 20180429_175245.jpg

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #337
Looks tasty @FerretWrangler ! Pure organic goodness :yum
I can't wait to try it! I'm sad this part didn't get to maturity but it was snapped pretty horribly, and propping it didn't do a thing. But there's no use in crying over spilled milk and I decided to make the best of it :)

I hope at least 2 plants remain viable for revegging though the ones I had in mind ended up with nanners. I've been culling the pollen sacks significantly but I left a few so ideally I'll get some mature seeds.