Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #362
They haven't changed much but i still felt like taking pics.

Attachments

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #364
I'm actually thinking this gg is done, or very close. The only white hairs left are on the very tops where they foxtailed a bit. Trichomes look mostly cloudy with an occasional amber. It looks like it will be the lowest yielding plant. The calyxes are swollen fit to burst finally. Its strange this one is looking done first, as it didn't do anything for 2 or 3 weeks then the last week and a half its puffed up and then stopped again. 20180518_150903.jpg 20180518_150859.jpg 20180518_150749.jpg 20180518_150743.jpg

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #366
Yes!!! :party: Definitely agree some of them do look ripe 🌳
Congratulations my friend they lookπŸ”₯
Are you rujuving/revegging any of them?
Thanks @Sunshine :) I'm going to leave them all a little longer to be sure.

I have my eye on two of the gg that seem strong and high yielding. I will probably harvest tops and let the lower buds swell on all plantsand harvest again.

For the two likely ladies i'll watch for nanners and if they don't seem too stressed i may keep them around, since i haven't been quick about acquiring new seeds.

I still have a pineapple and an slh and some of the seeds from the free fresh stuff from last year i got that are all pretty strong candidates if i choose not to spend money, which i might have to. They're all pretty mixed up though so if i pop seeds they'll be mystery plants.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thanks @Sunshine :) I'm going to leave them all a little longer to be sure.
That's the way, when they look ready leave them another week or two πŸ‘
I still have a pineapple and an slh and some of the seeds from the free fresh stuff from last year i got that are all pretty strong candidates if i choose not to spend money, which i might have to. They're all pretty mixed up though so if i pop seeds they'll be mystery plants.
Reveg would definitely be the quickest route to harvest but by the looks you'll have enough to last until next harvest either way. If you do decide to reveg, take the tops down first then put them on 20/4, the remaining buds will continue to ripen for a good week before any signs of reveg and they get extremely frosty ❄
Can't wait to see jars full of those sticky flowers! πŸ’ Great job πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Last edited:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #368
That's the way, when they look ready leave them another week or two πŸ‘

Reveg would definitely be the quickest route to harvest but by the looks you'll have enough to last until next harvest either way. If you do decide to reveg, take the tops down first then put them on 20/4, the remaining buds will continue to ripen for a good week before any signs of reveg and they get extremely frosty ❄
Can't wait to see jars full of those sticky flowers! πŸ’ Great job πŸ‘πŸ˜€
Great tip @Sunshine I thought I would have to put them back under flower schedule to finish the bottoms!

I can't wait until its jarred up either. Hopefully I can dry them well and get a good cure. :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #372
looks set to be an awesome crop. great look.
I can't wait to make hash and edibles 😍 if i use fresh frozen i can have those ready before the buds can even be smoked.
I have bubble bags but every time i use them i get a compacted sand structure. How do i get that beautiful golden grainy, or that deep sticky color and texture?

I can't wait to make hash and edibles 😍 if i use fresh frozen i can have those ready before the buds can even be smoked.
I have bubble bags but every time i use them i get a compacted sand structure. How do i get that beautiful golden grainy, or that deep sticky color and texture?
hell yes. fresh hash from the plant at peak potency... IF only i could just smoke that and live hash..

the dream !

i honestly dont think its worth it , without the specialized kit and a working knowledge i wouldnt touch it.
theres alot of pressure in those bottles. sure you can get that quality but you will get a tiny amount of high quality at a loss of too much surely.

bad bubble hash.. chuck it in the fire , cardboard. rather smoke the nugs. keep the jars full. g

thats what id do.. i get grade A hash though .. so better for me to get it than fuck up buds.. i know it can be done but again i wouldnt bother.

good luck whatever you decide.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
To get the deep sticky colour dry the compacted sand, you then need to break it up, dry it some more then press it.
You can shape the sand into a lump and then wrap in cellophane or cling film a few times so it is very well wrapped then put it in the bottom of your shoe for half an hour, when it comes out it is shiny and gooey. If it's difficult to remove from the clingfilm (like wet bubblegum) freeze it and the cling film comes off easily.
The key with hash making is the quality of the inputs, only put good quality trim with visible trichs and small flowers, anything with no visible trichs compost or bin. Also only run your mixer or washing machine for 20-30 mins each run and use lots of ice to keep everything super cold.
Good luck my friend, nothing beats excellent home made full melt bubble πŸ™‚

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #377
Take them when 85-90% of hairs are brown, if you wait until all hairs are brown it can be tricky to get them to revert :)
My buddy who got me the original slh is trying to grab a couple clones for me, and my ladies look pretty done to me. I was thinking about chopping over the weekend, probably one tonight, and the rest over the next couple days.

I can get pictures of the plants in about 10 hours or so.

I'm still going to keep the lower flowers on for about a week so they can chunk up while i try to work out the clones, and I'm going to keep the two strongest gg around and ready to reveg just in case i dont get clones.

I've known people to chop plants alot earlier. They've all got amber on the trichomes and there aren't many white hairs left. Do you think it'll be okay? If i keep delaying the harvest i might miss my window to get the reveg and the clones in the zone.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Good luck getting the clones 🌱
I think you're right, now would be a good time to take the tops down βœ‚ and put them on 22/2 for 7-10 days then take the second lot of flowers πŸ’‘
You could put one or two of the reveg's that you don't want to run indoors again outside, they'd get very big and bushy!
Looking forward to seeing the pre and post harvest pics πŸ€