New start GG#4 and Pineapple

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Sounds like you're right one track, can't wait to see some pics of the little ones :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The main thing at this stage is that they're healthy and growing. In future I'd top the soil up rather than rebury them as during the first couple of weeks they are growing lots of fine roots and disturbing this process is something you want to avoid.
Things will go slowly or appear to for a few days now while they root nicely and then you will see rapid veg growth :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
The main thing at this stage is that they're healthy and growing. In future I'd top the soil up rather than rebury them as during the first couple of weeks they are growing lots of fine roots and disturbing this process is something you want to avoid.
Things will go slowly or appear to for a few days now while they root nicely and then you will see rapid veg growth :)
@Sunshine what i meant was that i topped it up sorry i wasn't clear lmao no way am i disturbing these babies! I poured more soil on top and hand tilled it a wee bit to distribute perlite and whatnot.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Ahhh that makes more sense :p
They look good to me, you'll be suprised how quickly they start to grow in the next couple of weeks :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Ahhh that makes more sense :p
They look good to me, you'll be suprised how quickly they start to grow in the next couple of weeks :)
Awesome. How much /often should i water? They went from a part of a shotglass at the beginning to a little less than a fifth of a gallon apiece yesterday, and they still feel moist so I'm not watering today but i wonder if i could've watered them more yesterday? My well's ph is around 7.0 but i haven't tried to alter it since you said it won't matter as much.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Your water ph is fine and should work well (excuse the pun) :laughing:
No, you're much better off giving less water more frequently at this stage so I think you've done the right thing.
Your soil conditions sounds good, moist but not damp is ideal :sun:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Your water ph is fine and should work well (excuse the pun) :laughing:
No, you're much better off giving less water more frequently at this stage so I think you've done the right thing.
Your soil conditions sounds good, moist but not damp is ideal :sun:
Lovely. From my past experience I'd be willing to bet the biggest one is a boy as they're bigger and more vigorous from what I've seen. I'd be fine with that if the rest are girls :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
They're look good my friend! In a couple of weeks they'll be hitting the turbo button and shooting out all over the shop :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
They're look good my friend! In a couple of weeks they'll be hitting the turbo button and shooting out all over the shop :)
Fingers crossed they stack nodes at a reasonable rate and I can LST asap. I got some green rubbery kinda garden ties, a spool of 16 feet looks like thick pliable wire :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
With the 600w and your soil, they'll be stacking nodes in no time at all!
Good work on the twist ties, very useful stuff indeed :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks @Sunshine I hope they do take off. Would you recommend i bend them over and top once? Maybe more topping?
When they're bigger obviously.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I wouldn't top first run, it's nice to see the terminal cola especially with a 600!
LST is the way forwards for sure, just bend them over when they're about 6-8 inches tall and they'll fill out nicely :)

Back