New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
The easiest way to configure it is to add the carbon filter to the right of the fan so the air is pulled out of the tent and pushed into the filter.
20180309_173501-jpg.2813
That makes it easy! So during late flower when i need to run the fan at all times it's gonna suck the sides of the tent in and squish the plants during dark cycle due to how well the tent seals and the suction. Is that a common problem? Does it hurt anything? It'll probably break bang leaves.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Yes the negative pressure will pull the sides of the tent in, depending on how loose the tent is. This isn't a bad thing and means all of the smelly air is being sucked out rather than leaking into the room.
Opening all available vents should help relieve some of the pressure and stop the sides sucking in quite as much.
How many vents does the tent have? What's the brand again?

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Yes the negative pressure will pull the sides of the tent in, depending on how loose the tent is. This isn't a bad thing and means all of the smelly air is being sucked out rather than leaking into the room.
Opening all available vents should help relieve some of the pressure and stop the sides sucking in quite as much.
How many vents does the tent have? What's the brand again?
Its a gorilla grow tent and has 4 vents. I cant remember the exact dimensions something like 3.5x3.5x6.5

Also, 100000% male. More clusters of sacs forming and stem under the big cluster i pictured yesterday.

20180310_135203.jpg 20180310_135223.jpg 20180310_135434.jpg 20180310_140554.jpg 20180310_140607.jpg

My girl and I tried to have a salad of him but we couldn't do it. He was SPICY. Like if mustard greens, arugula, and fire ants all got together and spawned this plant. I know that could sound appealing but trust me I like spice greens but something about his taste screams "don't eat me".

0/10 would not recommend. This fellow is gonna be mulch.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Really nice plant, RIP :)

It's handy you have so many vents to play with and fine tune things, very useful.
Thanks @Sunshine my fingers are sticky and smell kinda like bleach, or if a boy plant had the equivalent of human body odor.

I generally keep the front flaps on the tent open anyways, and 3 vents.

20180310_163857.jpg 20180310_164325.jpg 20180310_164406.jpg

I found that weird angles mitigate the bars in hps photos, but i cant do anything about the color saturation.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I'm confident you'll get them through, as long as you stay on top of the watering you can't go wrong! :)
I'm keeping the soil topped up like a wet sponge :)

On the lower half of my plants the fan leaves are getting dry and leathery, and at the very bottom they are dying. They aren't yellowing like the plant is hungry though. Thats to be expected right? The leaves are just old and don't get much light anymore.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I think it's very slight over watering, nothing that can't be easily remedied by cutting back. When you flip to 12/12 they use less liquid so cut back accordingly.
It's not a bad idea to let them almost dry once or twice around this stage to get some air to the roots. Do that and cut watering down/run it a little less moist and you'll see improvements in days.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I think it's very slight over watering, nothing that can't be easily remedied by cutting back. When you flip to 12/12 they use less liquid so cut back accordingly.
It's not a bad idea to let them almost dry once or twice around this stage to get some air to the roots. Do that and cut watering down/run it a little less moist and you'll see improvements in days.
Sounds very reasonable @Sunshine I'll do exactly that. They're mostly stretching like crazy but the female pineapple seems whimpy in comparison. Hopefully she's an indica dominant. My gf would love that.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
They are some very pretty ladies!!! I bet it smells delightful when you unzip the tent :)
It does! My gf says they have a roasted smell like coffee. I really don't know what it smells like but i love it :)

They've been on 12/12 for 11 days now and I see tons of hairs but no calyces or flowers forming yet. I've seen plants with buds at 10 days of flower. I'm wondering if they're getting woken up too early? I know its a bit premature to worry about that but some of the dark period is during the day, and the ducting glows from the inside when the light is on so its not light proof.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Do what you can to light proof it more but to me this sounds entirely normal. It can often take 3 weeks for bud set to really kick in, and in the mean time they're just growing bigger and stronger :)
Cool, i will darken the room some more and wait patiently. I absolutely looove all the long white pistils everywhere. The pineapple didn't have much scent at all until the last few days, and now its pretty smelly. It has a musky scent like the male.

Back