New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Lmao! I was thinking the same as i was taking the pics today. I have been letting them get drier and watering them less as you suggested. I have some stems going to young fan leaves turning that raspberry color, which could be fine, or they could want Epsom salts but i wanted to ask you first.

Also I'm worrying about head room, i really don't want to cause light or heat stress or foxtailing on the colas.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Great minds my friend :laughing:
You've positioned your fan well which is great so I don't foresee any major issues with heat stress, things have to be pretty intense for it to harm them, they're tropical plants and used to intense rays.
Don't bother with epsom salts, just watch your watering and get a feel for how much they're currently using and don't over do it. You may find they use quite a lot less, that's fine, just give them a lot less ;)
Things are going to get very interesting from here on in! :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Great minds my friend :laughing:
You've positioned your fan well which is great so I don't foresee any major issues with heat stress, things have to be pretty intense for it to harm them, they're tropical plants and used to intense rays.
Don't bother with epsom salts, just watch your watering and get a feel for how much they're currently using and don't over do it. You may find they use quite a lot less, that's fine, just give them a lot less ;)
Things are going to get very interesting from here on in! :)
It can take between a third and a half of a gallon to wet the soil all the way through. I rub the bottoms of the pots and add water till i feel moisture down there but is that necessary? I have thought that i need to ensure all the roots have moisture.

But yeah i really wanted to avoid epsom if i could so thats awesome. I gave them some extremely diluted molasses about halfway through veg, and then again near the end of veg and again for the last two watering this week, plain water in between. I see and smell a considerable difference now that they've been switched to 12/12 and it seems like i started getting the start of buds after i gave molasses again. I will likely continue to use in very small quantities to give the microherd a "treat".

After this most recent supercropping there was the usual drooping but I've started with a bit of mammoth p microbials as well since they're designed for organic flowering and often used with mychorizae and it seemed that the plants recovery time was much less than that of the male who had a lesser wound.

I'm sorry I deviated from the straight and narrow, but I can assure you I've done my reading and I'm being gentle so I don't upset the balance. I won't randomly add a massive amount of anything or give them anything other than what I've detailed here.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
It's excellent that you're taking a measured approach! Less is more!
A good way to do experiments like this is to add these things to 2 of your plants and not the other two, then you have a control group. That's the nice thing about having 4, you have side by sides for comparison.
According to google 1/2 a us gallon is 1.9 litres. I think you might find it easier if you add 1 litre of water at a time every few days so it's not getting too wet in one go. This may help getting the soil moisture levels in the zone :)

Last edited:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
fucking epic mate
It's excellent that you're taking a measured approach! Less is more!
A good way to do experiments like this is to add these things to 2 of your plants and not the other two, then you have a control group. That's the nice thing about having 4, you have side by sides for comparison.
According to google 1/2 a us gallon is 1.9 litres. I think you might find it easier if you add 1 litre of water at a time every few days so it's not getting too wet in one go. This may help getting the soil moisture levels in the zone :)
@Sunshine I've done as you suggested, and adjusted my waterings, and I'm now only giving the two on the left mammoth p and molasses regularly.

Do your plants seem to get "sleepy" for an hour+ before lights out? Mine droop like they need a pillow :joy: But every day when I turn the lights back on they're reaching for the sky.

The pineapple hasn't started much flowering like the gg4 yet so I moved the fan back to get more light to it from now on.

I've also started running the fan and dehumidifier around the clock, and I installed the carbon filter.

And thanks @BudMonster these ladies are wild. I don't even know how they got this big this fast, I thought it'd take aeroponics or dwc to get results like I have this quickly.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
It's not the end of the world, it'll just delay flowering slightly maybe adding 7-10 days.
How much would an extension lead cost with the correct plug to get the timer working?
I've never even seen one like the kind i would need, but either way its a mute point sadly because the wiring in the bathroom went bad so i cut the breaker off in there.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
It's a shame Al's not around, this is his area of expertise.
Shame there's no easy fix with an extension chord but no biggy, onwards and upwards! :)
Has the stretch started to slow down now or are they still boosting? :sun:
Still seem to be stretching as far as i know but its kinda hard to tell. I'll look when i wake them up today. And yeah i never even got to see his bud all harvested. I hope he's alright.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Hopefully @Uncle_Al will pop back up some day.
Can't wait to see some more pics of the girls! :cool:

Oh I'm sure he will! The pineapple is just starting to form flower sites but it has stretched and caught up in regards to height. All the gg4 are budding nicely and seem to have stopped stretching from what I've seen. I've been watering them about a third gallon apiece or less each go and i have to water every one to two days.

Back