Soil Newbe growing Aurora Indica

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
Fox Farm soil grow. Plants are one month old. I Fimmed them on Monday. Light 600W (?) Wills from Amazon costing $64 US. I have heard that the light actually is more like a 200 watt so I supplemented that light with two 100 watt SIT’S. The plants really started to grow after the additional lights. Unclear about how to tell when to water and fertilize. I have a few crinkly leaves and small brown dots on several of the leaves. Thanks for any help.

Highcountry

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Have you got a link to the lights in Amazon I'd be interested to take a look.

Most new growers over fertilise and over water. It's likely you're overwatering causing issues. It's definitely worth buying a cheap soil moisture probe to take the guess work out of watering. If you could add some pics it would help us to help you :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Honestly I think your plants are looking great, you've done a good job looking after them so far!

Definitely get a cheap soil moisture probe and you'll be all set.

How much longer do you plan on vegging them for? You might want to consider LST or topping to get you more tops in the sweet spot and a nice even canopy ? Good luck and keep us posted!

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
These are all good questions that I will learn to answer. I want them to get them close to 24 inches tall, and then switch them to 12x12. I need to learn how to LST and grow an even canopy.

If these plants look good, thank Nirvana for their excellent genetics!

Thank for for your help,
I will learn these techniques,

Highcountry

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
Great! I topped them, removed some fan leaves that were blocking branches, and tucked some leaves behind the branches. The little one is so dense, you cannot see the soil. Gave them a little fertilizer. Waiting for the flip. Thanks for asking. I hope that all is going well with you.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
All good thanks @Highcountry :) It sounds like youve done exactly the right things, strains like this crowd themselves out so a bit of thinning and tucking is 100% the right thing to allow the light to penetrate?

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
Great article. I am scouring the internet to learn how to do this. I have learned that a lot of this must be learned from experience. I am loving the challenge. Thanks for your help. Alice (the little one) is one solid leaf. Do I need to open her up by removing leaves or just wait? Big Betty has blown up to a bunch of colas that I am using LST to spread the branches out. I will take some pictures and post them soon. Much thanks!

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?they look great I would just give them a good fan and lots of good light. let them stretch their self a bit just keep them green and pretty as they are :mask:

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
I bought a new grow light to replace the Wills. It is great for veg, but makes whisky buds. It was advertised on Amazon as a 650 watt light. It has a sticker on it that says it is a 600 watt. I counted the diodes and there are 50 diodes which are 10 watt diodes. Well 50 x 10 = 500 Watt. No wonder it won’t flower 5 sq feet. Since I no longer trust the light descriptions, I researched lights that were independently tested. I bought the Spider Farmer 1000 watt light. I hope it will frost the cookies!

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?Try looking At WISH.COM they have some great lights when their just type in plant lights on search . also check out REVIEWS at top of page their is a pretty good light their.:mask:

Back