Novice grower here

Fox420

Apr 12, 2018
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with micro growing. Got some seeds, but I have very limited space and was wondering if I should wait to grow them until I have a bigger space, as I’ve never grown Cannabis before (avid gardener though!).
All suggestions and advice welcome! TIA ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Good question @Fox420 ? I think the answer depends on your definition of micro growing (how small) and the minimum acceptable yield that you feel would make the project worthwhile.
I've seen grows where people have pulled decent yields in some pretty limited spaces (2 oz plus from a pc server case for example), the two key factors in my experience are temperature control (micro grows are notoriously difficult to cool) and choice of lighting.
Have you got any potential cabs in mind? How small are you thinking of going?

Fox420

Apr 12, 2018
Not sure on the size. At this point the smaller the better lol. (I’m on a 6 month camping trip and don’t want the season to get away from me)
I’m thinking about sprouting them in an egg carton, and moving on from there. I have a 5 gallon bucket just in case, but was just curious at the different ways i could grow. ? I have the appropriate lights, and my tent has a closet about 3x3ft with a height of about 4ft. I just don’t want my plant(s) outgrowing their little closet and having to be moved. Little conspicuous moving a large plant out of the tent at night lol.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
3 x 3 x 4ft is a decent sized space, if you're on a tight budget I'd make a frame from cheap/reclaimed wood and use panda sheeting (black one side white the other), if you're not (on a budget) then a tent is definitely your best bet and can be picked up cheaply from ebay/amazon, alternatively you could use the entire closet as it is but of course this would be more conspicuous and not light proof.
The smallest tents I've come across are 30cm x 30cm x 60cm ie 1ft x 1ft x 2ft.
What light/s have you got at your disposal? ?
Maybe an auto grown outside would better suit your circumstances? ?

Back