Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

OG Kush, Blue Dream, Lemon Pineapple and CBDutch Treat Grow

Indoor Growing

OG Kush, Blue Dream, Lemon Pineapple and CBDutch Treat Grow

Cannada

Started this grow just after xmas. Was slow going for awhile. Humidity was terrible. Low as 20s at times when these were young but since i put them in 5 gallon pots I can keep the humidity in check with a good soaking. Its amazing how fast they take off when conditons are prime. They still have a ways to go but are finally filling in nicely. Started 12/12 on Feb 13. They have stretched 4+ inches in the last week. Started some light LST just to get the taller ones under control and open up bud sites to the light. Thanks @Sunshine for the lighting advice. I pulled the trigger on a 260W QB V2 quantum board from HLG Canada tonight. Not quite enough light or flowerig in my 4x4 tent. I think I will supplement with my 400W HPS until I gather the cash for a second unit in a few weeks. Sounds like this should be a good quality light for full cycle. Cant wait til it arrives πŸŒžπŸŒ±πŸ‘
Top pic left is Dr Greenthumb OG Kush fem, right is unknown breeder lemon pineapple fem, bottom left is Crop Kings CBDutch Treat and right is Dr Greenthumb Blue Dream

Last edited:

Cannada

While I'm waiting for my quantum board to arrive, I'm wondering if these lights would be any good to build a grow light from.

I picked them up on sale for 49 cents a box (reg over $20) couldn't pass them up at that price.
Looks like they would provide 75 lumens per watt of 3000k light. I have 20 boxes so 40 of these lights. Thinking I could build 2 120W (20 light) boxes that I could use for veg and/or supplemental (side) lighting in the flower tent.
Not very knowledgable with lighting. Does anything jump out here that would make these lights a poor choice for growing?

Cannada

Here are the girls tonight. Gave them all a good flush with RO water 2 days ago. Runoff was between 5.8 and 6.1 ph and ppm between 1000 and 1200 for all except the Blue dream. Her ph was the best of the lot at 6.1 but ppm was 1540!
She looks healthy but she has only grown an inch in the last 5 days while the others have grown average of 4 inches in the same time. Except lemon pineapple which grew 2 inches but I had her head tied low to keep her from taking off since she was the tallest at the time. Her LST is working nicely. SOooooo.... I gave blue dream another full flush tonight and her runoff is now still 6.1 ph but ppm has cut in half to 725. Hopefully she will take off now!
She is developing her bud sites nicely though compared to the rest of the crew.

Top pic is Blue Dream left and Lemon Pineapple right. Bottom pic is OG kush left and CBDutch treat right.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
πŸŒ¦πŸ‘Hi Canada I don't know if you know but they build a strip that those lights slid into I had one in my man cave overhead my problem was I could not find the lights when they went out that was a great find you have there interested in what it will look like when u are done plants are really looking great love the shots what do you have them in canvas bags??
🌦

Cannada

Thanks @Alphatoy. Great idea. I didnt know there was a strip available. Sounds perfect. I will start looking for some. I'm growing in 5 gallon fabric pots. The roots get air pruned as they grow out of the sides so no rootbound issues and allows better airflow to the root zone I believe. Hard to overwater with these as well since excess just runs out the sides or bottom. They seem to work well for me. I get them on Amazon $19 CAD for a 5 pack

Cannada

:p sorry you are not closer I have mine in the garage in my junk storage area like I said could not find bulbs for them so I took it down and replaced it with a fan and 5 lights the pots sound great will have to go to amazon and take a look see, πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
Thanks @Alphatoy. Yeah, I really like the fabric pots. You can reuse them too. I just recycled a few actually. I priced some light rails and sockets at home depot. Way too much for this build. I think I will pick up some basic cheap sockets on amazon and build a simple box. Saw a youtube video where a guy built a similar box for $50 I think it was. I need to keep the cost down as I already spent over @$1000 on 2 QB288 V2 quantum boards from HLG. Just finished assembling them and will be swapping out the 1000 W HPS this morning at lights on.

Cannada

thats a bomb strains brotha! which i hear often from experienced smokers, blue dream is what i wanna try! i'd be happy to grow dr.greenthumbs plants! where you get them from>?
Thanks @MastaJazz I hope these plants yield some nice smoke. They should for sure! Trying my best to keep an ideal growing environment but it can be a struggle this time of year. Mainly with humidity of course. But spring is just around the corner. Almost time to start getting some outdoor plants ready to go. Dr Greenthumb is here in Canada. Not sure about posting links here but his website is easily found through a google search. He did an interview with Skunk magazine that's a pretty good read. That can be found on google as well.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Thanks @Alphatoy. Great idea. I didnt know there was a strip available. Sounds perfect. I will start looking for some. I'm growing in 5 gallon fabric pots. The roots get air pruned as they grow out of the sides so no rootbound issues and allows better airflow to the root zone I believe. Hard to overwater with these as well since excess just runs out the sides or bottom. They seem to work well for me. I get them on Amazon $19 CAD for a 5 pack

Cannada

Well it's time to say goodbye......... to my old faithful 1000W HPS 😁 I just swapped it out for two 260W QB v2 LEDs yesterday. So far so good. The girls seem to be adjusting well. These pics were taken just before the lights were changed so lets see how well they develop from here. I must say these quantum boards are really bright. They should provide better overall canopy penetration than the single 1000W HPS. Time will tell.

Top Bottom