Ordered Northern Lights Auto from Nirvana

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
Is the sun hitting your balcony full on for at least 12 plus hours
I'd say full on would be like 10 hrs.
After it passes the vulnerable seedling stage, I'll shift it to my terrace where it'll get full 11 hrs light from sunrise to sunset.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
20201027_171130.jpg20201027_171641.jpgAh thats probly one of problems if getting stretching. Get a cheap grow light screw in bulb socket kind if doing 1. And keep it close to not burn them. Autos grow fast. From seedling to 1 week is huge. As can see in pics.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Germinate in the pot your growing. Autos dont like transplants. 3 gallon pot minimum. I use a 5 gallon fabric pots and fill about 4 gallons. Max 5 gallon. Autos grow so fast that they wont utilize all the soil if using huge pots. Autos usually done from seed to harvest in 8 to 10 weeks some strains maybe a week longer..

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Autos are not photo sensitive. Dont require a light cycle like photos. If you only get 10 to 12 of sunlight your yields will be small. If plants stretch its because they want more light. There hungry and will stretch themselves until they fall over if light not adequate.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Also use a good soil to start and thats all the auto will need until flowering no veg nuts. After about 3 weeks when plants the start to flower start adding bloom nuts 3/4 less than what bottle says. Every other watering. Water only in between. After a week or 2 go half strength on bloom nuts and see plants reaction. Auto are not as nutrient hungry as photos. Always water only in between your nut watering. Some auto strains like some nuts but some hate it.. less is more on nutrients with autos.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
My 3 plants now. Jack herer auto. Bubblegum auto and White Widow auto. The jack herer is a sensitive little shit to where the other 2 i could pee in the pots and they wouldn't care. Lol I don't pee in the pots by the way lol

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
My 3 plants now. Jack herer auto. Bubblegum auto and White Widow auto. The jack herer is a sensitive little shit to where the other 2 i could pee in the pots and they wouldn't care. Lol I don't pee in the pots by the way lol
OK so fatal accident...
I was searching for more light and kept it in the terrace.
Later in the Evening when I went to check she was beheaded, most likely by a bird. Saddened, I started another seed and its shoots might be popping through the soil.
I think I'll go for a spacebucket approach now lol
I'm lucky that I've got enough seeds

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Looking at space bucket. Dosnt look very promising. Very tight for a plant and really low lighting. This grow setup will not yield much at all. You would be better off waiting for a tent and a good led light that can pump at least 2oo to 300 watts or more. More good spectrum light the bigger yield. Watts to grams. 1/2gram to 1 gram bud per watt of light.

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
Looking at space bucket. Dosnt look very promising. Very tight for a plant and really low lighting. This grow setup will not yield much at all. You would be better off waiting for a tent and a good led light that can pump at least 2oo to 300 watts or more. More good spectrum light the bigger yield. Watts to grams. 1/2gram to 1 gram bud per watt of light.
Well the light I'm looking at is at 240 watts, true power. I'm can't setup a tent where I am right now. But got enough private space for a spacebucket here so I'll have a go at it. Not really expecting huge yields. Also looks like an interesting DIY project. And I can reuse the lights later for a tent though...

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
Just wondering what country as to wild animals. Where I'm at its deer mostly that will eat the plant.
Outside is a strict no-no here ?.
But looking to flower it out on the terrace where it'll get plenty of sunlight near life end.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Well the light I'm looking at is at 240 watts, true power. I'm can't setup a tent where I am right now. But got enough private space for a spacebucket here so I'll have a go at it. Not really expecting huge yields. Also looks like an interesting DIY project. And I can reuse the lights later for a tent though...
Looks interesting but here's where the problem lies. 240w will be crazy extreme heat. I have a 2x3x5 tent with 230w led light and I have to fight the heat in that size, venting the heat out. Looking at specs you can really only put about 30 to 50 watts in that bucket using little puck lights. Just trying to save you alot of frustration and wasting money and probly won't yield anything more than a 1/2 ounce if lucky.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
For now, I'm focusing on an outdoor balcony grow. I live very near the tropic of cancer and I'll say we recieve 11 hrs of good sunlight now.
It started being cloudy from yesterday, and thus conditions are on mother nature's hands lol.
I did soak the seeds overnight and then stuffed it in the pot with a bit of soil packed on top. Germination went smoothly till I find the fella stretching for light.
Makes me wanna get an indoor grow setup asap I guess haha.

If things go south, I might have to re-pot the small plant deeper real carefully.
?to me this is your problem you soaked the seed than stuffed it into soil I would do the paper towel method after soaking I have had a 100% success with this method let it root before sticking it into soil maybe this is a weed BUT it has a lot on new generics built into it so really you cant call it a weed ( like a lawn weed ) any longer it is now a hybrid :mask:

Back