Ordered Northern Lights Auto from Nirvana

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
?to me this is your problem you soaked the seed than stuffed it into soil I would do the paper towel method after soaking I have had a 100% success with this method let it root before sticking it into soil maybe this is a weed BUT it has a lot on new generics built into it so really you cant call it a weed ( like a lawn weed ) any longer it is now a hybrid :mask:
Hes not having germination problem. Had to start over. Something ate his plant. But now wanting to use space pot system but problem is you can't put 240 watts into that. It will explode in flames lol I have to vent my tent with 230w. Of led.

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
Hes not having germination problem. Had to start over. Something ate his plant. But now wanting to use space pot system but problem is you can't put 240 watts into that. It will explode in flames lol I have to vent my tent with 230w. Of led.
Well there are various Modes you can put the light in, I see, you can run the lights at half power, so maybe that's a boon.
I'm looking at a brute bucket, like a big trash/storage bin.
Was also thinking that I could use the bin for vegging and then let it finish flowering outside, if it gets big.

Considering the genetics of this plant, it's not supposed to grow much in height, and the smell is minimal too, so will try to finish it here itself.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
?I have grown Autos and Regulars and I grow them the same way I gave them both 12 X 12 light and night and they had no problem plus I used same potting soil and my ground fish and my other neutrinos with no problems I have never went for that expensive soils and such and I seem do ok part of my stash, :mask:

View attachment 13000
You would yield alot more if ran 18 hour light on autos. 12/12 on a auto is no good. Not saying you won't get some flower but low yield. Let's say your getting 30grams on 12/12 1plant. Now at 18 hour you could pull 70grams. Example numbers lol. why wouldn't you give more light. I wouldn't run both together totally 2 different grow cycles. 1 is light hungry through whole life cycle and photos in veg state. But when photo drop to 12off autos dont need to. You can actually run 24 hours of light on a autos whole life cycle but 18/6 is plenty. Give em a little rest.

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
IMG_20201202_125454.jpg
Would you call this plant stretchy?

Meanwhile, I got 170W true watt dual switch lights that I plan to put in a stacked 32gal bucket build, with enough ventilation (1 220V 4" exhaust fan at the top end and two DC 4" intake fans at the bot.

Will leave this plant to do its own thing outdoors though and thinking of not shifting it to the bucket.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
View attachment 13996
Would you call this plant stretchy?

Meanwhile, I got 170W true watt dual switch lights that I plan to put in a stacked 32gal bucket build, with enough ventilation (1 220V 4" exhaust fan at the top end and two DC 4" intake fans at the bot.

Will leave this plant to do its own thing outdoors though and thinking of not shifting it to the bucket.
Yes its looking a little stretchy. What size ceramic pot is it in also. This a auto or photo? If using small pot for photos you'll end up with a small plant and it will eat up the nutrients in the soil very quickly. You will need to water and feed nuts daily once plant starts getting mature. After a month the nuts in the soil will be used up by plant and will need to supplement it on a regular basis. Even with pig pots they can drink alot and want more nuts. So with smaller pots as the plants root structure takes over the small pot it will drink alot. Youll see the plants demands once it matures a little. Being in ceramic and probly no drain holes keep an eye on how much it eats as dont want to over water with no drainage. Can get root rot if roots are not getting enough oxygen or root bind because the roots have nowhere to go and could cause nut lock if the plant is not getting key nuts that it used up like magnesium and calcium ect..

the_void

Jul 29, 2020
Yes its looking a little stretchy. What size ceramic pot is it in also. This a auto or photo? If using small pot for photos you'll end up with a small plant and it will eat up the nutrients in the soil very quickly. You will need to water and feed nuts daily once plant starts getting mature. After a month the nuts in the soil will be used up by plant and will need to supplement it on a regular basis. Even with pig pots they can drink alot and want more nuts. So with smaller pots as the plants root structure takes over the small pot it will drink alot. Youll see the plants demands once it matures a little. Being in ceramic and probly no drain holes keep an eye on how much it eats as dont want to over water with no drainage. Can get root rot if roots are not getting enough oxygen or root bind because the roots have nowhere to go and could cause nut lock if the plant is not getting key nuts that it used up like magnesium and calcium ect..
It's in a terracotta pot. I layered the bottom with gravel for easier drainage and the pot's got two holes in the bottom. Shouldn't be having drainage issues.
This plant is Northern Lights Auto, supposed to grow bushy and small,with excellent resilience

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
It's in a terracotta pot. I layered the bottom with gravel for easier drainage and the pot's got two holes in the bottom. Shouldn't be having drainage issues.
This plant is Northern Lights Auto, supposed to grow bushy and small,with excellent resilience
If auto then your fine. But it is stretching

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Well there are various Modes you can put the light in, I see, you can run the lights at half power, so maybe that's a boon.
I'm looking at a brute bucket, like a big trash/storage bin.
Was also thinking that I could use the bin for vegging and then let it finish flowering outside, if it gets big.

Considering the genetics of this plant, it's not supposed to grow much in height, and the smell is minimal too, so will try to finish it here itself.
Just some advice. Dont always believe what they say about plant size. For example. My 1 auto is supposed to stay around 45 to 60cm. But right now its over 90cm. Every seed from same strain can grow differently. 1 may grow tall 1 may not. 1 may drink alot and 1 might not. 1 may be light hungry and 1 not. Ect. Every grow can be different even from same strain.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?terracotta pot and ceramic pots are both water thirsty pots they will drink up water faster than the plant or I should say they absorb water very fast away from the plant I myself would not use them I would use a 7 to 10 gal plastic pot. you would have better luck I think. :mask:

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
?terracotta pot and ceramic pots are both water thirsty pots they will drink up water faster than the plant or I should say they absorb water very fast away from the plant I myself would not use them I would use a 7 to 10 gal plastic pot. you would have better luck I think. :mask:
Id go 5 gallon fabric pot with autos. The grow cycle is so fast it won't use more than 5 gallon. Just wasting soil.

DanrockOG

Aug 11, 2020
Just some advice. Dont always believe what they say about plant size. For example. My 1 auto is supposed to stay around 45 to 60cm. But right now its over 90cm. Every seed from same strain can grow differently. 1 may grow tall 1 may not. 1 may drink alot and 1 might not. 1 may be light hungry and 1 not. Ect. Every grow can be different even from same strain.
Exactly.. Each and every plant is unique.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
The PH VALUE of your soil will determine how well your plants can access the nutrients within. If the pH becomes too high (alkaline) or too low (acidic), nutrient lockout will occur and deficiencies will set in. Cannabis plants thrive in a soil pH of between 6.0 and 6.5. Use a PH TESTER to track pH throughout your grow this is why I myself use bigger pots it is easier to maintain your PH your plant should be ready to harvest in 8 weeks from planting but don't expect a large harvest as in However, their yields aren’t as spectacular as those obtained from photoperiod giants, but, the trade-off for brevity makes the decision worthwhile for most growers As the name suggests, autoflowering strains don’t require a change in the Light Cycle to enter the flowering stage. Many growers choose to keep their autoflowers on a light schedule of (18 hours on and 6 hours off during the entire growing cycle). Other cultivators choose to keep their lights on around the clock in hopes of maximizing photosynthesis and growth rate, however, this can get quite expensive. Because of this unique trait, outdoor growers can achieve multiple harvests during a single growing season. By germinating seeds week after week in early spring, you can ( theoretically) rake in your first harvest after 8 weeks, with subsequent weekly harvests when growing fast strains

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I was disappointed
Same lol. I wonder how they cover the stink up in the box ?. sure it can be done but seems real risky whats the guarantee
For that price lol are they gonna resend a 1/4 pound if gets mysteriously missing during shipping.

Back