Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Organic recycled soil grow-Ibs Nordes scrog

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #70
We made it through 4 days without power due to inclement weather, though NOBODY was happy about it πŸ˜‚

And now we are into the slow crawl of late flower. Trichomes are still mostly clear with no amber, and she has some serious swelling to do. I was hoping to be a part of croptober and harvest right before or after red dead redemption 2 but it seems that was only a dream.

(And don't mind those ugly dead leaves in the upskirt! I dealt with them)

IMG_20181018_034917.jpg IMG_20181018_034907.jpg IMG_20181018_034939.jpg IMG_20181018_034857.jpg IMG_20181018_034839.jpg IMG_20181018_034832.jpg IMG_20181018_034849.jpg IMG_20181018_034958.jpg

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hey @FerretWrangler :) It looks like Jack Frost has been in town ❄ Beautiful looking buds my friend πŸ‘
4 days without electric can't have been much fun good to hear the lights are back on πŸ’‘
And now we are into the slow crawl of late flower. Trichomes are still mostly clear with no amber, and she has some serious swelling to do

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #72
Hey @FerretWrangler :) It looks like Jack Frost has been in town ❄ Beautiful looking buds my friend πŸ‘
4 days without electric can't have been much fun good to hear the lights are back on πŸ’‘

Honestly I thought the buds could use more crystal but the camera catches them better than my eyes can and now that I've seen what she's produced I'm pretty content.

I hope they get very big, because I plan to ride it out longer than last time.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #74
when are you going to chop her? looks about time to πŸ‘€ πŸ‘
You know I was actually wondering what everyone thought collectively, because my instinct says to wait and that I've got a long way to go.. But I have really bad eyes and this is only my 2nd semi successful grow so idk when one looks done overall.

@Sunshine @InternationalBeanSmuggler and anyone else who might be kind enough to hop in what do you think? If it looks ready to you guys I'll take your word and start the reveg.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
You know I was actually wondering what everyone thought collectively, because my instinct says to wait and that I've got a long way to go.. But I have really bad eyes and this is only my 2nd semi successful grow so idk when one looks done overall.

@Sunshine @InternationalBeanSmuggler and anyone else who might be kind enough to hop in what do you think? If it looks ready to you guys I'll take your word and start the reveg.
Good question my friend :) If you're looking to reveg then I think it'd be wise to chop her now (today/tmrw) and get the lights back on veg cycle.
For the first couple of weeks of reveg try and go 20/4 or 22/2 if possible to help snap her out of flowering mode.
It's also a good idea to do a staggered harvest, take the biggest buds first, then in a week take the secondary buds leaving the smaller ones to regrow.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #76
Good question my friend :) If you're looking to reveg then I think it'd be wise to chop her now (today/tmrw) and get the lights back on veg cycle.
For the first couple of weeks of reveg try and go 20/4 or 22/2 if possible to help snap her out of flowering mode.
It's also a good idea to do a staggered harvest, take the biggest buds first, then in a week take the secondary buds leaving the smaller ones to regrow.
It looks like it wasn't a dream after all πŸ˜‡ thanks for the advice @Sunshine I remembered you saying something similar about your revegged fruitwreck and I couldn't shake the feeling that I should be following suit.

I'm going to try to either raise the pot or lower the light for the reveg and once she's in swing I'm gonna top dress her with food any time she seems peckish and try to water her in larger quantities and let her veg for a ridiculous amount of time till I have a tree πŸ€“

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Good plan batman πŸ‘ The good thing is now you're becoming more familiar with the strain you'll be able to better gauge the stretch, veg accordingly and really nail it next run 🎯
The Nordes didn't look like a massive stretcher from the pics but with scrog and the limitations of observing through a screen it's hard to tell, how did you find the stretch with this one?
Lowering the light's a good shout 🌞

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #78
Good plan batman πŸ‘ The good thing is now you're becoming more familiar with the strain you'll be able to better gauge the stretch, veg accordingly and really nail it next run 🎯
The Nordes didn't look like a massive stretcher from the pics but with scrog and the limitations of observing through a screen it's hard to tell, how did you find the stretch with this one?
Lowering the light's a good shout 🌞
You know if I looked at it in a mundane way I'd say it's only gained about a quarter of it's original size through the stretch but it's a bit more than meets the eye with this strain. It seemed that the lower shoots stretched while the tops I pulled over remained the same, resulting in a weird "hedge within a hedge" outcome 😳 As I was telling my gf, you can lay your hand anywhere on the plant except for the very middle, and pull the branches you're touching aside and you'll see tons of white juvenile buds so lush and tight that if you poured water on them hardly a drop would reach the soil. I suspect this strain would be much better outdoors or in a sea of green method.

When I reveg I will likely wait for 90+ % of the tent to be full, then I will flip and then defoliate until about a quarter of the way into flower for maximum air flow and light penetration, and then do a staggered final harvest to get the most out of her.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
When I reveg I will likely wait for 90+ % of the tent to be full, then I will flip and then defoliate until about a quarter of the way into flower for maximum air flow and light penetration, and then do a staggered final harvest to get the most out of her.
Amen πŸ™Œ
Can't wait for the dried bud shots and smoke report! When's the first phase of the chop happening? βœ‚πŸŒΏ

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #80
Amen πŸ™Œ
Can't wait for the dried bud shots and smoke report! When's the first phase of the chop happening? βœ‚πŸŒΏ
Well I dried in my closet last time and it was too dry and bright so this time I took a dresser and took the top 3 drawers out and sealed it up with a black trash bag. I will hang and dry in their to keep the humidity up and dry slower, and I will also dry trim this time instead of that brutal wet trim. I'm gonna chop as soon as my gf gets back with a 4 inch fan for the drying cab from the store.