Organic recycled soil grow-Ibs Nordes scrog

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Looking good @FerretWrangler ??? How much longer until you flower her?
I'd say anytime now wouldn't be a bad idea, if you veg for another month you'll find that the top foot or so will have the flower and the bottom will be shadowed out, if you flower now the same portion/amount of the plant will be covered in flowers ? In other words the increase in yield from the extra veg will become less/negligible.
This point of diminishing returns is caused by light penetration (it can only penetrate so far) and you're probably just on the right side of it at the moment my friend ;)
Thanks for sharing, I really can't wait to see this monster in flower!!!! ?

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I had not set a time or date, I really just wanted her to be much taller. She's still wayyy further away from the light than the pineapple and gg were but she's just getting bushier. I can't really move it down either because the duct for the inline is maxed out at this length.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Ok I believe the plan now with this new info is to purchase additional ducting and re hang the light lower this week and start flower soon ?

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
please tell us about the ventilation and how did u manage to keep the temperature down.
Well @yazad my tent is very large and the room it's in is very large, and it's also cold here right now. I do have a 4 inch inline fan with an HVAC duct going from the fan, into the tent, and fastened to the light to suck air past the bulb. Apart from that, the sides or at least one side and both doors stay open on the tent except for when the light is off to help keep it cool.

If I turned the fan off and didn't open the tent up wide it would get TOO hot for the plant even tho it's cold in my house.

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
here at india the normal room temperature exceeds 40 degrees Celsius.. so the only and simple solution is air conditioning. BUT air conditioning packs the air. and i am in dilemma to keep exhaust onn or air-conditioning onn. as both cant be kept onn at the same time

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Happy belated new year @FerretWrangler :) How's the monster coming along? ???
Happy New year to you as well @Sunshine. She's doing pretty well! My only issue is seemingly low trichome production? My first successful batch with the pineapple and gg4 were very frosty and sticky in comparison ?

I think my first batch of nordes was maybe too early for my liking, there's not much lasting buzz and I believe I like to wet trim because it's harsh and leafy on my throat. It has a decent taste but again kinda leafy.

I'm hoping to leave these buds until they're 100 percent mature for maximum potency and density and then I will dry trim. I'm not unhappy with the nordes strain at all either or else I wouldn't be revegging it, it's just a bit of a learning curve :)

IMG_20190118_173014.jpgIMG_20190118_173027.jpgIMG_20190118_172952.jpgIMG_20190118_173045.jpg

For my next grow I was going to do 4 or 5 five gallon pots again with strains tbd. I was curious about the stink finger but couldn't find it when I searched for it on a strains website.

I read on some of your old stuff on here about the fruit passion and looked at threads that include it and I read about the lineage and I'm excited to give it a go as well but if you wanted to add anything or highlight some stuff about the strain I'm keen to learn ?

I also have a lemon haze bean, a pineapple, a critical, 3 blue posion, some of the free seeds from the untrimmed I got last year, and some of what my friend calls "floor seeds" that his other friend supposedly bought online. I don't have an idea what I want to do next but I am also considering buying some nice seeds since I've only ever done seeds I've won or been given or bag seeds.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
For my next grow I was going to do 4 or 5 five gallon pots again with strains tbd.
Sounds like a good plan, variety is the spice of life ?
Nice canopy of colas you've got there my friend, the trunk must be getting pretty thick now!
Looks like you're going to be in for a good harvest ?
I read on some of your old stuff on here about the fruit passion and looked at threads that include it and I read about the lineage and I'm excited to give it a go as well but if you wanted to add anything or highlight some stuff about the strain I'm keen to learn ?
Fruit Bowl x Passion #1. It's fast and resilient so pretty easy to get on with and yields well, I hope you like it as much as I do.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Sounds like a good plan, variety is the spice of life ?
Nice canopy of colas you've got there my friend, the trunk must be getting pretty thick now!
Looks like you're going to be in for a good harvest ?

Fruit Bowl x Passion #1. It's fast and resilient so pretty easy to get on with and yields well, I hope you like it as much as I do.
I realize now exactly what the Fruit Passion is @Sunshine and I'm very grateful to have them, and beyond excited to give them a go ?

I showed them to a buddy who grows some of the best flowers I've ever seen and he seemed envious and explained what I had ?

Do you have any dried that I could see a pic of? :)

But anyways, the Nordes still has a ton of life in her so I am waiting patiently ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
realize now exactly what the Fruit Passion is @Sunshine and I'm very grateful to have them, and beyond excited to give them a go ?

I showed them to a buddy who grows some of the best flowers I've ever seen and he seemed envious and explained what I had ?

Do you have any dried that I could see a pic of? :)
Here you go my friend :)

The Nordes is an absolute beast! Loving the forest of colas, I bet it smells awesome in there ? Looks like you're going to have enough nordes to last you a good while when that girl comes down!
How's the stem looking now or should I say trunk :p

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Here you go my friend :)
View attachment 7246

The Nordes is an absolute beast! Loving the forest of colas, I bet it smells awesome in there ? Looks like you're going to have enough nordes to last you a good while when that girl comes down!
How's the stem looking now or should I say trunk :p
Thanks for the pic @Sunshine that's a gorgeous flower!

The smell is pretty mild considering how she looks which is definitely a plus ;)

I will get a pic of the stem for you when I wake her in 10.5 hours or so. I don't see much difference personally but I guess I don't look so often since it's a bit of a pain to get so close to the floor ?

I think the stem has thankfully turned woody and slowed growth since the reveg, otherwise I'd need a saw or axe to fell her ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I will get a pic of the stem for you when I wake her in 10.5 hours or so.
Looking forward to seeing it!
I think the stem has thankfully turned woody and slowed growth since the reveg, otherwise I'd need a saw or axe to fell her
@FerretWrangler at chop time ?
giphy.gif

Back