Question Ph scale

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
I noticed in a few posts the mention of lime to lower ph. Often people say one thing & mean another. At other times they just don't know the basics. Battery acid is 0 on ph scale & lye is 14 so if we add lime we are raising ph not lowering it. Peat moss is about 5.5 a bit acidic so add a bit of lime about 3 tbsp per gallon to raise ph to 6.5 šŸ˜ƒ. My well water from tap is 8.5 so I add urine which is ph 6 at ratio 15 water to 1 urine & add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to that as I use ph balanced soil. Compost is 7 so adding it to peat puts you close to good but a bit acid still so add a bit of lime. Once you balance your soil unless you change formula it stays the same. Other than hydroponic growing people miss that it is soil microbes that make plants thrive. My garden registers low in nitrogen but it is chock full of what my dad called tilth. They call for nitrogen @ 30 lol for corn to grow. Mine is 4 but I have nice big corn.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
"Agro-chemistry is like a war technology
They destroyed all over the Earth the soil microbiology
To bring about a new kind of captivity
Control the food and you control the whole of humanity."

- Marcus Gad

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
Well my post was a little more basic then that lol but I did indicate they & 30 lol. Don't even get me started on Bayer/ Monsanto/ Bill Gates. Watch The Seeds Of Change on youtube & either The World According To Monsanto or Food Inc if you interested in negative aspects of what is really going on. For some hope Watch Geoff Lawton. I am a permaculturist.

C

Caledonian Grown

Permaculture is where it's at.

About 20 years ago I had the pleasure to hire Toby Hemenway, author of Gaias Garden, to help us do a land survey of an deforested hillside we wanted to protect/steward.

He generously spent much of his day with its, sharing his wisdom and kindness. It was the best $75 I ever spent. He was a great teacher.

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
Permaculture is where it's at.

About 20 years ago I had the pleasure to hire Toby Hemenway, author of Gaias Garden, to help us do a land survey of an deforested hillside we wanted to protect/steward.

He generously spent much of his day with its, sharing his wisdom and kindness. It was the best $75 I ever spent. He was a great teacher.
Awesome. I have a food forest but missed the hydrology part due to $$. Wanted a trout pond.