ph testing

G

growtime

i have two ph testing meters. they both calibrate the same but when I test the water I get different readings. I have a liquid test kit and it is different that the electronic meters. what should I rely on? Both electronic meters show a lower ph reading than the general hydroponics liquid test anyone know what gives>

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
I've been using these. They are not super nuts on accurate with a pin point PH # reading but they get me in the range +/- pretty close from what I can tell.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
i have two ph testing meters. they both calibrate the same but when I test the water I get different readings. I have a liquid test kit and it is different that the electronic meters. what should I rely on? Both electronic meters show a lower ph reading than the general hydroponics liquid test anyone know what gives>
You should use the most accurate of the two meters by testing things with known ph after calibration. They usually show the pH on bottled water, see which meter matches the stated pH after calibration. Good luck!

Back