Planning to grow some weed In North India

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
Unfortunately, because of the cold temps and high humidity at night. the plants have paled out completely, the soil is not drying at all (even if I leave it in the sun) in the daytime and put it back in the closet at night.

Have added 2x100w halogen bulbs for the extra heat emission. Let's see if it fixes anything
temps in the day are around 26-27 C max and 10-11 C in the night with humidity almost touching 90% around 5-6 am.

Attachments

• 20181125_134246.jpg
    20181125_134246.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Your night temps are okay but your night temps are a concern, you're doing the right things adding the extra heat at night, during the day the temperature is perfect as it is ?
Ideally you don't want your night temps to be under 20 if it can be avoided, leave all your lights on over night and do what you can to warm this baby up and with any luck she'll bounce back just don't water under any circumstances for several weeks and don't let her get rained on or it could be curtains.
As long as she gets warmer nights and starts to dry she will eventually start to look better, you could try putting the pot on a towel (depending on how wet the soil is) to wick some of the excess moisture from the pot :)
Good luck my friend and keep us posted, I hope she gets better quickly ?

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
The heat from the halogen lamps seems to be working, top layer had no moisture and seems to be drying now. @Sunshine the soil was wet after I watered it on 15th and wasn't drying at all. How much time will it take for her to recover from this ? Will the affected leaves become green again ?

Won't water it until until it the soil dries up 8-9 inches. Hoping these girls recover soon.20181126_203835.jpg20181126_203857.jpg

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
@Sunshine Does the first plant have any chance of recovery?
If given near ideal conditions there is a slim chance of recovery but the problem here is there isn't a quick way to reverse the adverse conditions in the root zone.
The two main problems that are evident from your posts are
1. very cold nights couple with
2. soil too wet
The cold nights are your worst enemy now so you need to make sure you remedy that situation so they don't drop below 18-20 or you're going to continue to run into these issues.
Regarding the second issue did you try sitting them on absorbent towels for a few hours to see if you could draw any moisture out?
It might be an idea to pop some more seeds to hedge your bets on this one??
Good luck @CrimemasterGoGo whatever happens it's all valuable experience that you can invest in your future grows ?

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
That sucks, I'll try my best to keep these girls alive and at least get something out of them. If they don't make it, no point germinating new seeds this time of the year because the weather is just going to get colder in the coming months. I'll just wait for a couple months and germinate them when the weather gets a little warmer.

learned a lot from this grow, experience was totally worth it.

@Sunshine people say autos are more fragile and get easily stunted as compared to the photo periods, but since all the autos have ruderalis genetics, shouldn't they be more tougher and resilient?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
@Sunshine people say autos are more fragile and get easily stunted as compared to the photo periods, but since all the autos have ruderalis genetics, shouldn't they be more tougher and resilient?
The reason people say that autos are easily stunted compared to photos is because they (autos) have a set time to harvest ie 50-100 days from seed depending on strain, that is a relatively fixed number so any error that slows the growth has a big knock on effect on yields and there is no recovery time just a yield reduction.
With a photo if you have a problem, you can remedy it, veg for a couple of extra weeks and you're good. That's the difference people are referring to ;)
Autos aren't for everyone or every grow situation, when you think many photos are done in 55 days (8weeks) and only need 25-30 days veg from seed (85 day total) you really have to weigh up whether autos are the best choice for your situation.
learned a lot from this grow, experience was totally worth it.
That's the spirit my friend, the next grow you'll smash it, I think with some minor adjustments to your soil mix and warmer temperatures and the experience you've gained you'll have no issues getting a nice harvest ?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
[CrimemasterGoGo got in here late if you have a string of old Christmas lights place them around the plant and cover the lights with sheet or blanket plug them in and leave them on 24/7 this will warm the ground for the roots to take off do not cover plant only around plant.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
[CrimemasterGoGo got in here late if you have a string of old Christmas lights place them around the plant and cover the lights with sheet or blanket plug them in and leave them on 24/7 this will warm the ground for the roots to take off do not cover plant only around plant.
Hahaha perfect time for Christmas

Back