Plant problem - seedlings stretching and drooping

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
LED is > HPS and CFL, take it from someone that has grown with all of them including t5s plls etc
LEDs are cooler, more efficient and produce more bud for your watts ?
Soi dont need a reflective hood then with led
Exactly, it's all built into the light :)
Something like this wouldn't be a bad buy and has reasonable reviews

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
To be fair I think @InternationalBeanSmuggler 's first suggestion was close to the mark.The grow space is only 2 square foot so a 300w Mars would be ideal as suggested.
The real wattage at the plug of a mars 300w is about 135w, giving you a very healthy 62.5watts per square foot.
Please disregard the previous cob light I recommended, I think that one would be overkill at 125 watts per square foot you would struggle to cool the small space and any increase in lumens would be offset by the inevitable heat problems.
To cut a long story short a mars 300w would be the ideal weapon of choice for your size grow, sorry for the confusion I completely forgot the size of the grow area we were discussing :/

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
To start off with just use 1 fixture and a 6 pack of bulbs, veg for a couple of weeks under it then flower ;)
You can add more lights later. For the moment 1 fixture for flowering and your existing lights for veg would be the cheapest route to harvest :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The one thing that the plant is screaming out for is more light!
Try not to trim fans unless it's absolutely necessary, these are the solar panels that drive photosynthesis/growth ?
To be fair though she's not looking too bad, just a bit stretched from the lack of light intensity ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Get the led light bulb/s directly over this plant and closer, give her as many of the 30w as you can ;)
30w is 15w per square foot in your 2ft square cab, ideally you want 25w per square foot as a minimum with led light bulbs. You'll notice thicker stems, faster growth and less distance between the nodes (less stretch) with decent wattage.
If you had the light fixture and bulbs on her for 7-14 days you could then flower her and get a reasonable amount of bud from her ?

Back