Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Pro Mix BX with mycorrhizae

Canadan

Torn between soil mediums: Peatmoss & Perlite or Promix BX mycorrhizae. If I use peatmoss & perlite the soil medium would be 30% peat 30% perlite and 30%WC and compost. If I use promix bx what would the ratios be . Promix has 85% peatmoss and perlite and vermiculite plus lime as a ph adjuster . I can get the promix on sale now and I've used peatmoss with my old soil mixes in the past but never tried promix before just wondering if any of you organic growers have used it in your outdoor grows. Im basically using the 8 step soil recipe in your tutorial page and 30 gal smart pots.

Canadan

I was just listening to an interview with Clackamas Coot I think I'm going to stick with sphagnum peatmoss for a soil medium. This guy really sheds a lot of light on the BS out there about soil additives. The 8 step soil recipe is a Coot soil recipe also. I don't think that I'm going to use lava rock ( scoria ) though I will stick with the perlite instead.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
The premixes I've seen and bought always seem to have very little perlite and vermiculite in them so you end up having to buy more anyway so in the end you may as well make your own mix from scratch. Good luck!

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Top Bottom