Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Questions about supersoil.

Johnyb173

If the supersoil method is not recomended for seedlings, what would be used to get them to the maturity level they need to be at to be transplanted into supersoil mixed with potting soil? I was also wondering... If supersoil is not recommended for pots under 5 gallons, what would be something similar that could be done for 1 and 2 gallon pots.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @Johnyb173 👍
If the supersoil method is not recomended for seedlings,
It's works fine for seedlings (recipe dependant) if you've left the soil mix sit for a few weeks, they may find it a tiny bit hot at the start but they will very quickly grow out of it.
I grow straight into my fresh super soil and it works okay :)
what would be used to get them to the maturity level they need to be at to be transplanted into supersoil mix
A good potting compost with perlite and vermiculite added would be fine for the first 20-30 days if you don't want to go straight into your super soil mix.
If supersoil is not recommended for pots under 5 gallons, what would be something similar that could be done for 1 and 2 gallon pots.
Supersoil will work fine just make sure you've put in adequate dolomite lime, you could increase the amount in the recipe by 20% and leave out the bat guano, you can always top dress with the guano later.
Good luck with your grow, let us know how you get on 👊

Alphatoy

welcome to FC Johnyb173 I myself have been using Miracle Gro Supersoil from seedlings to mature flowering I have had no problems with my grow since I started growing.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Ive heard bad things about miracle grow Alphatoy. Do they have an organic version or something?
Welcome to FC @Johnyb173 :) I personally use Fox Farms Ocean Forest as my base, but I wouldn't call it a super soil. It's part of a mix that @Sunshine helped me build last year. I mix dolomite lime, perlite, vermiculite, mycorrhizae, and Down to Earth All purpose dry fertilizer for my soil!

The cool thing about super soils is that they're customizable and interchangable to preference and can meet many needs 👍

I will say though, a wise person once told me that a good grower looks for things exclude from the build, not things to add ;)

Alphatoy

🍀
Ive heard bad things about miracle grow Alphatoy. Do they have an organic version or something?
all I can say johnyb173 no I just use their regular Miracle Gro Supersoil bought from walmart I have been using it for many years with my orchards and Bonsai roses all I can say is look at my Forum and plants and you be the judge. I myself have had very good luck with it. I believe in it.🍀👍