Screen is almost done.

Uncle_Al

Seasoned Grower
Aug 31, 2017
@Sunshine I've been talking to a few different scroggers, and they all say I should lower the screen to the and start scrogging immediately. It seems prudent, so as not to waste any time.
I would put the screen in as soon as there are alternating nodes but in the meanwhile it would not hurt to tie the tops down to improve side growth I do not top them just to them down it also allows me to shape the grow to use up as much light is available

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I would put the screen in as soon as there are alternating nodes but in the meanwhile it would not hurt to tie the tops down to improve side growth I do not top them just to them down it also allows me to shape the grow to use up as much light is available
That's what I'm going for ;) there are alot of pics of my grow on my newest post.

Uncle_Al

Seasoned Grower
Aug 31, 2017
Those screens are obviously well crafted, I am fond of using chicken wire , when the canopy becomes established it moves up with the plants, please don't take this as criticism.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Those screens are obviously well crafted, I am fond of using chicken wire , when the canopy becomes established it moves up with the plants, please don't take this as criticism.
No worries :p chicken wire is a good way to go, I just needed a whole big apparatus for my closet.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Still kinda slow, but her soil has almost dried enough to where I'll be able to feed her soon finally. Some of her little hairs have turned Orange :relieved: some leaves which had calcium deficiencies are crispy and the fingers break easily when I tuck them, but I'm not worried about that. Almost all the leaves she put off during preflower died, so I actually did end up picking 6 or 7 dead or unhealthy leaves blocking lots of light to smaller potential bud sites. I know I said I wouldn't pluck anymore but I care more about future healthy colas than I do old unhealthy leaves. I tuck and lst every day or every other day so hopefully that's not too often.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
The string screen is a good idea. It's a nice grow room you got loads of room in there dude
Thanks! Yeah I actually store all my nutes and ferts in their, and I've got a couple big jugs of fruit fermenting. As soon as this super lemon haze is done I'm gonna switch to smart pots and grow 2 babies into the scrog ;)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
@Sunshine every time I touch her my fingers reek of mint and skunk afterwards :rolleyes: the soil is at 6.5 outta 10 wet, hopefully in a day or two I can water and feed. I really honestly don't know how much of each thing to feed her.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
@FerretWrangler good to see you my friend :)
I would let it go to 3 dry on the meter to really strengthen her roots and encourage them to search for moisture this will also get lots of air into the pot when you re-wet her ;)
You can wait a couple of waterings before you add anything which would be a good idea to help her find her feet.
I haven't got any experience of the seperate products as I've always bought the combined FBB meal product and with that I would add a few heaped tablespoons on top of the soil and water it in. So perhaps it would be prudent to wait a week or two then add a table spoon of each to the top of the soil see how you go after a couple of weeks from there, if no adverse effects add another dose.
You can always add but it's a pain to over do it then have to flush and reset. Adding more than's needed hampers growth so go easy and you'll be fine :)
Really cool to see the screen shaping up and all those shoots not far from coming through :cool:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
@FerretWrangler good to see you my friend :)
I would let it go to 3 dry on the meter to really strengthen her roots and encourage them to search for moisture this will also get lots of air into the pot when you re-wet her ;)
You can wait a couple of waterings before you add anything which would be a good idea to help her find her feet.
I haven't got any experience of the seperate products as I've always bought the combined FBB meal product and with that I would add a few heaped tablespoons on top of the soil and water it in. So perhaps it would be prudent to wait a week or two then add a table spoon of each to the top of the soil see how you go after a couple of weeks from there, if no adverse effects add another dose.
You can always add but it's a pain to over do it then have to flush and reset. Adding more than's needed hampers growth so go easy and you'll be fine :)
Really cool to see the screen shaping up and all those shoots not far from coming through :cool:
Nice to see you too bud! Thanks for the tips, I will let her dry out before I water and I'll wait to feed. I know you always say too dress and water down but would it be harmful to mix it all into a large pot of water and just water it in? This way I can correct the extremely low Ph the nutes want to give her.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
My pleasure @FerretWrangler :)
It's not too late to buy a box of this, which is the kind of thing I use. It's OMRI listed for organic farming and has an excellent list of ingredients ideal for our purposes, this is the one I originally suggested too.
Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Rock Phosphate, Langbeinite, Greensand, Humates and Kelp Meal :bomb::poop:
https://www.amazon.com/Down-Earth-6...505163956&sr=8-1&keywords=fish+blood+and+bone
The box is almost 3kg for $13.99 which will last you a dozens of grows, literally years.;)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
My pleasure @FerretWrangler :)
It's not too late to buy a box of this, which is the kind of thing I use. It's OMRI listed for organic farming and has an excellent list of ingredients ideal for our purposes, this is the one I originally suggested too.

The box is almost 3kg for $13.99 which will last you a dozens of grows, literally years.;)
People keep telling me that a pre-mix like that won't do well if you use it throughout the plant's life. Do you use it for veg and flower?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
@FerretWrangler This oft repeated and dare I say basic idea of a flower fertiliser and a veg fertiliser are not things I necessarily subscribe to as an organic grower :)
With organics we are striving to create a living soil teaming with microbial life.
A fertiliser like the one recommended when added to a living soil that has been inoculated with Mycorrhizae and especially when also nourished with compost tea will break down over time making elements available which the plant will exchange when needed ;)
To get an idea of what I'm talking about read this http://www.growweedeasy.com/organic-super-soil
In the above article you will not see any addition of a veg or flowering fertiliser just the addition of everything the plant will need which it will take when it needs it. Nature is genius itself, stoner logic doesn't trump that.
In nature plants don't get 2 different fertiliser formulas, everything they need is there within the soil, what organic growers like myself try to do is emulate this by building a living soil that is capable of feeding the plant through it's entire cycle, perhaps with the odd top dress/tea/amendment to help things along and keep things topped up :)
Every single grower does things differently but for me nothing beats the flavour of true organics and the knowledge that it's not harmful to me or the planet.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
@Sunshine I read most of the article with my gf, and explained it to her with a pinch and a dash of your wisdom and we agree that makes alot of sense. It's a grand idea and I wish I could do it to the fullest, but I just really will have no money for the foreseeable future :joy: it's my plan to do all organic either no-till or knf someday, but I've got to make do with what resources I have. I've read up on compost tea and that's also on my list of things to conquer, but yet again, no money. Once I do have all the lovely things I need to fill my soil with microbials, I can treat my primary ferts as supplements later on :cool:
I just checked on my girl, and with all the tucking I've went from around 6 tops, to 8 big tops, and 12+ young or smaller tops. I keep tucking leaves under each other and tucking tips under the screen as they grow, and I have to say I lied about not defoliating anymore. I can't stop myself from picking unhealthy and partially broken fan leaves (there are so freaking many) so the younger bud sites can get direct light. Oh! And one of the most exciting things to me of all: her main stem is turning deeep purple in spots and she feels like she has micro-fuzzies, and some of her bigger hairs are dark orange as well. o_O

Sorry for long rambling post, it's late over here and you write such a long reply I felt obligated to do so as well, even if I'm not saying much.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks @FerretWrangler great to hear you've got so many new shoots :)
I've read up on compost tea and that's also on my list of things to conquer, but yet again, no money. Once I do have all the lovely things I need to fill my soil with microbials, I can treat my primary ferts as supplements later on
Sounds like a plan :cool:

Back