Question Seed Sexing Issue

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Okay here's my issue. I purchased some seeds and I got some freebees. One of the freebees was marked regular seeds so I put them on 12 and 12 to sex them and I got 5 females out of 10 . The other freebees were not labeled fems or regs so I assumed that they were regs and put them on 12 and 12 to sex them. As it turned out they were all fems and I later found out that they only came as fems. The regs are looking pretty good now that I put the lights back to 18 and 6 and they seem to be going back to veg again. But the fems are not looking good at all and im giving up on them. Now I was reading that fems are very difficult if not impossible to revert them back to veg once they are in flower being grown from seeds. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience as I have encountered. I don't mess with regs all that often Thanks Dan

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
I also read about cloning regs after switching back into veg to get quicker results but im talking about feminized seeds that I assumed were regs and they didn't fare too well after I switched back to 16 and 8 Thats all 5 of them nothing to even clone from

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Ya I hear you Ethos seeds lilac diesel crossed with chemdog and og oh well they were free

Joshman

Apr 18, 2021
I had 4 clones of fem plants from fem seeds that turned to flower (oops, my bad) but about a week after 18/6, they started to veg again with the flowered portion dying off. All 4 turned out great but they really didn't look like they would make it at first.

Give it some time

Sammy368

Mar 12, 2021
I learned the hard way too:), need to take a clone to test if it's female vs the main plant. I had issues when I tried to change it back as well. One of the girls had mutations 3 leaves and the other turned into a herm. If you stick it back to 18/6 it might come back but will take time.

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Im not talking clones just the seeds that I sexed and they were all fems I couldn't have taken anything off of the seedlings to even clone they just didn't like going back into veg compared to the regs that are just fine now that I can clone. 5 out of 5 that were all sickly looking something is up and I know that it wasn't bad genetics.

Back