Sick plant need help

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Welcome to FC @Hortensiona :)
The underlying problem here is that the soil lacks drainage, the plant has been cumulatively overwatered and this has now reached a critical stage.
After 9 weeks of flowering the plant should be much further along and quite close to harvest, the slow growth and retarded flower development are a result of the poor conditions at root level.
I'd recommend you getting a cheap soil moisture probe asap and not watering until the bottom 1/3rd of the pot is showing as almost on the red. These moisture meters are cheap and can help take the guess work out of watering, particularly in situations where lifting the pot to guage the weight is not practical.
pr2000031778.jpg

It would also be a good idea to cut right back on the feed for the time being while she recovers.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Idk how to edit my post but I said don't when I should said # done
Acestall at bottom of your post their is an edit buttom just click correct and save also Acestall Welcome to FC Family hope you visit often. also
Hortensiona I would not cut leaves off this two will shock it further just follow Sunshines directions he is the wizard of plants on here at FC also Welcome to FC :)

Last edited:
H

Hortensiona

Welcome to FC @Hortensiona :)
The underlying problem here is that the soil lacks drainage, the plant has been cumulatively overwatered and this has now reached a critical stage.
After 9 weeks of flowering the plant should be much further along and quite close to harvest, the slow growth and retarded flower development are a result of the poor conditions at root level.
I'd recommend you getting a cheap soil moisture probe asap and not watering until the bottom 1/3rd of the pot is showing as almost on the red. These moisture meters are cheap and can help take the guess work out of watering, particularly in situations where lifting the pot to guage the weight is not practical.
pr2000031778.jpg

It would also be a good idea to cut right back on the feed for the time being while she recovers.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Hi, thanks for your answer. Do you think she can recover tho?
Last friday before i went away for a couple of days i watered the plant then filled the tray water was supposed to drip to a certain level (around 2-3 cm) sunday night i came back plant was like that. it was on a 12-12 schedule i opened the lights hoping it would help with the water evaporate/used up by plant. woke up and some of the lower branches started dying. Is it normal for a plant to die so fast in this condition?
View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Last friday before i went away for a couple of days i watered the plant then filled the tray water was supposed to drip to a certain level (around 2-3 cm) sunday night i came back plant was like that. it was on a 12-12 schedule i opened the lights hoping it would help with the water evaporate/used up by plant. woke up and some of the lower branches started dying. Is it normal for a plant to die so fast in this condition?
View attachment 7839View attachment 7841View attachment 7843View attachment 7845
?
I myself only water between 5 to 7 days but I do use a meter as sunshine showed you bought at Amazon.com but remember when we drown we are dead by the looks of your pictures I can not tell do you have any green leaves left if you do you might have a chance of regeneration new leaves it sort of looks like you also have light burn by the leaves that are dead you might be better off to think about harvesting what you can off of the plant and start new with better soil I myself use Miraclegro moisture control super soil and have had very good luck with water control check around the Forums their are a lot of answers out their BUT Sunshine is the Wizard
?‍♂️

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by opened the lights, but in the short term immediately reverse this action.
You could try putting the pot on a towel to wick excess moisture from the soil to help return soil conditions to the way they were before the problems started.
I think a recovery is possible but the yield will not be great.
In a weeks time when the plant is beginning to grow normally again I would go ahead and remove all the brittle and brown leaves from the plant.
Good luck, I hope she makes a come back, if you have any other questions please post up!

Back