Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Organic Skunk #1 IBL x Zkittlez, Dead Hooker OG, Sour OG, Bubba Kush, Sweet Tooth #3, Cookies, Fruit Train & Fruit Wreck

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #43
@Sunshine how much root development from the clones you need before letting them dry out? 4 days of growth very cool
The clones were/are still quite small and in large containers (5 gal) so for them it was particularly important to have a decent dry cycle as there's plenty of soil to explore with their little roots so no real danger of them getting too dry. Also my temps are slightly on the lower side of optimal, another factor influencing the decision to run them slightly dryer. Cold + wet + small = bad times.
The clones were rooted in water first, then rooted in soil in cups before being transplanted, not because this is my preferred method more because of the current situation. I prefer to plant directly into the final container where possible.
Once a clone is established and has a good root system you can read the plant and gauge it, treat them mean keep them green is what I say, growing a strong root system pays dividends when going into flower 🌞

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #46
There definitely loving life. You got it down like clockwork. Feels like time flys watching the progress. Before you know time to harvest. Do you think chucking pollen or handpollination. Is both great pollinating techniques? Which do you like better?
Thanks @Jcloud777 time is definitely flying!!! I can't believe it's christmas in under a month πŸŽ…
Do you think chucking pollen or handpollination. Is both great pollinating techniques? Which do you like better?
Good question :) This really depends on the situation but I generally prefer open pollination 🌞
But ,for example, after this open run some of the harvested pollen (skunk ibl) will be labelled and frozen to be used by hand to make a few seeds here and there or backcross, when/if required 🌱

Jcloud777

@Sunshine cool, open pollination means chucking is this correct? Then save all remaining pollen to freeze. An handpollinate as you need. That's great one day can you teach us how you like to do your breeding. There's some seed lovers here. That I know would love to learn from you. Because mostly everyone wants to be able to trade an give freebies here. I know I would it's pretty fun being here. An to be able to spread the love to all you passionate people. Watching someone else grow your seeds is cool.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #55
Update pics taken today πŸ“Έ Some light defoliation done today, mainly on the skunks today to allow light to penetrate the canopy to the lower shoots, I'll take them out and take a look underneath tomorrow and tidy up as needed so they're all ready to flip on sunday πŸŒ—πŸŒΏ
DSC_0716.JPG DSC_0717.JPG DSC_0719 (1).JPG DSC_0720.JPG DSC_0723 (1).JPG DSC_0721 (1).JPG DSC_0722 (1).JPG

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #59
Very nice, can't wait to see the goodies.
Me too my friend!!! It'll be mainly seeds this run, so once they're harvested i'll run everything through the mini washing machine and make some nice bubble hash πŸ˜‹
Check my drying racks out for $2 canadian each.
Man after my own heart πŸ‘ Great deal! πŸ˜€

Last edited: