Skunk#1ibl x SourOG and Adventure mix F3 started

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
Big thanks to Sunshine for providing me with these babies... They are off to a good start. About a week old now. I just took a closer look at the Skunk#1xSour OG and it has a couple of white spike like protrusions. One coming out from the middle of each leaf. I have never seen this before. Any ideas?

Skunk#1 ibl x Sour OG F1
20190602_174228.jpg20190602_171720.jpg

Adventure mix F320190602_175036.jpg

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
They look like very happy babies @Cannada ? I love the look of the slightly deformed Skunk x Sour OG, the potrusions look like tiny little horns!!!!! ?
It should grow out of this by the next set of leaves but it'll definitely be interesting to see how this freaky girl grows :) Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated?

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
They look like very happy babies @Cannada ? I love the look of the slightly deformed Skunk x Sour OG, the potrusions look like tiny little horns!!!!! ?
It should grow out of this by the next set of leaves but it'll definitely be interesting to see how this freaky girl grows :) Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated?
LOL @Sunshine. Yes they do look like horns. Hope she is setting the stage for a badass grow ? Can't wait to see how these come out.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
? Great looking plants Canada its good you are transplanting this weekend. like Sunshine said they look ready to really bush out good luck with the ( Horned Beauty.)
?

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
Transplanted a week ago. I removed the main rootballs from the dirt i saved from previous grows and reused it for the transplants. I have read mixed reviews online about reusing soil. Most of this soil is months old and much of the roots seem to have broken down. Should I be concerned about built up salts in the soil from previous nutrient feeds or will it wash out with some good flushing? I have only fed water (with a few drops of superthrive) to these girls so far because I wasnt sure how they would take to the used soil. I'm happy with development so far. They seem well settled in the 5 gallon fabric pots of recycled soil. Do you think I should start feeding veg nutes now? I want to maximize growth on these girls as I feel I havent reached potential on previous grows. Just not the kind of yields I should be getting. My best yield to date was about a third of a gram per watt which seems pathetic from what I'm reading. Gonna try to feed less nutes this time and see how things go.

Skunk #1 x Sour OG f1(Sunshines Farm)
VideoCapture_20190622-100126.jpg

Adventure mix f3 (Sunshines farm)
20190622_100328.jpg

AK47xWhite Widow (breeder unknown)
20190622_101204.jpg

Critical Kush (Barneys Farm)
20190622_101444.jpg

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
? they look great cannada I myself use old soil all the time I leave my cut stem and roots in the soil for about a month when I pull out the old root most all of it is dissolved back into the soil i just add fish bone meal and that's it and they always seem to do good. usually I give them CALiMAGICic 1-0-0, with the first watering 6.0ph
?

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
? they look great cannada I myself use old soil all the time I leave my cut stem and roots in the soil for about a month when I pull out the old root most all of it is dissolved back into the soil i just add fish bone meal and that's it and they always seem to do good. usually I give them CALiMAGICic 1-0-0, with the first watering 6.0ph
?
Thanks @Alphatoy. Good to hear recycled soil works for you. I have some bonemeal and blood meal. Haven't used either one yet, however. Maybe at next watering.

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
Starting to take off now. Really filling out the 5 gallon fabric pots. First nutrient feed was 3 days ago. (DNF A&B and GH Diamond nectar 15ml/gallon. That along with increased tent humidity seems to have given a welcome growth boost. I tend to be a little heavy on the nutes so will try to keep that in check with this grow. Humidity has been fluctuating between 40s and 70% but had a spike to 90% over the last couple of days when my 6 inch inline fan exhaust line came off, stopping airflow to the tent. Was very warm and humid during this period. I wonder how much this environment contributed to the recent growth burst. Considering leaving the inline fan off for awhile to allow a higher humidity during the remaining veg period or at least reducing runtime/ fan speed. I do have a fan controller but havent installed it yet.

Skunk#1x Sour OG f1 (Sunshines Farm)
20190630_085232.jpg

Adventure Mix F3 (Sunshines Farm)
20190630_111904.jpg

Critical Kush (Barneys Farm)
20190630_112053.jpg

AK47 x White Widow (unknown breeder)
20190630_120019.jpg

Last edited:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Those are looking mighty happy Cannada. :) I have a Critical Purple Kush going now, a few weeks from finishing up. She got off to a slow start in a less than favorable attic grow room but is doing well in her new environment.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Plants are looking great @Cannada? The vpd (vapour pressure deficit) chart below may be of interest :)
HBnT439.png

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
Those are looking mighty happy Cannada. :) I have a Critical Purple Kush going now, a few weeks from finishing up. She got off to a slow start in a less than favorable attic grow room but is doing well in her new environment.
Thanks @Jason. This is my second run of this critical kush. One of my favorites so far. Love the electric high it gives me head to toe.

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
Plants are looking great @Cannada? The vpd (vapour pressure deficit) chart below may be of interest :)
HBnT439.png

Thanks @Sunshine. I have seen a few VPD charts but I like that one. Think I will save it. I picked up my IR thermometer after watching that same video but havent really done much with the info aside from trying to keep the humidity at least 65% during veg and keep the temps below 27C. My leaves always seem to he pretty much the same temp as the tent within a degree anyway.

Back