Slow growing ?

HyperB

Mar 31, 2019
This ladies are 5 months old and they started flowering. I don’t see how to increase growth at this point. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 9202D4B4-7610-4A80-B8E3-1673468ED27B.jpeg
    9202D4B4-7610-4A80-B8E3-1673468ED27B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 326
  • 515E3122-78E3-42BE-AD7C-1ED98633BFDC.jpeg
    515E3122-78E3-42BE-AD7C-1ED98633BFDC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 345
  • 75BB70F9-83F5-4996-AC3E-63B64C03CB36.jpeg
    75BB70F9-83F5-4996-AC3E-63B64C03CB36.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 350

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
Did you just say 5 months ? Are you sure this wasn't a typo. What's your light setup @HyperB ? Tu could always switch back to 18-6 light cycle to revert to veg.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Welcome to FC @HyperB ?
The soil mix you are using is your main problem and this grow will unfortunately amount to a very small harvest if you continue with this soil.
To get good results bin your soil and start again/repot the plants with a new more suitable soil mix, there are plenty of soil recipes in the grow faq but any good quality potting compost with 25% perlite and 15% vermiculite will work.
Once repotted revert to veg lighting for a few weeks until vigorous growth is observed then switch to flower (12/12).
It's worth reading about super soils as these are the easiest and most fool proof path to high quality flowers.
If you'd like any further info or have any questions just shout :)

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
I've been following a lot of grows on Reddit r/microgrowery and r/trees. A lot of people who are using octopots and soil less mediums are getting way better yeilds and growth than their soil counterparts. Stems on most of these are abnormally thick. @Sunshine have you tried growing in an octopot or any soil less medium ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Yes lots I've used coco, hempy, hydro/dwc, sips and soil less mixes.
I personally prefer organic soils (no measuring and no chemicals no res changes no ph management) and the quality of the product is second to none ;) With super soils and high yielding strains over 1gpw is easily achievable!
There's a good chance I'll do another sips run soon with a large tub/earth box using organic soil so it can be left for weeks at a time as I seem to have less and less time these days.

HyperB

Mar 31, 2019
Welcome to FC @HyperB ?
The soil mix you are using is your main problem and this grow will unfortunately amount to a very small harvest if you continue with this soil.
To get good results bin your soil and start again/repot the plants with a new more suitable soil mix, there are plenty of soil recipes in the grow faq but any good quality potting compost with 25% perlite and 15% vermiculite will work.
Once repotted revert to veg lighting for a few weeks until vigorous growth is observed then switch to flower (12/12).
It's worth reading about super soils as these are the easiest and most fool proof path to high quality flowers.
If you'd like any further info or have any questions just shout :)
Thank you

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?I feel part of the problem could be 2 areas lighting and what you are feeding them I use a 1500 led to 3000 led and I have a new crop about every 3 months if you check out my forum grow you might get an idea of my grows, but I am with mbnmv that's a crazy long time?

HyperB

Mar 31, 2019
?I feel part of the problem could be 2 areas lighting and what you are feeding them I use a 1500 led to 3000 led and I have a new crop about every 3 months if you check out my forum grow you might get an idea of my grows, but I am with mbnmv that's a crazy long time?
Thank you

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Any suggestions on a particular soil? This is the one that I’m currently using.
It's not ideal, you really want to use a fine potting compost as your base preferably organic and add perlite and vermiculite to that to improve structure and the other amendments @CrimemasterGoGo mentioned above to make a good soil mix.
As @mbnmv said, once you've got a decent soil mix you can reuse it time and time again with excellent results :)

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Any suggestions on a particular soil? This is the one that I’m currently using.
I myself use miracle grow super soil from wall mart I have reused it 5 times now and still get a fairly good harvest I think it doesn't seem to wear out but I do add a bit of new every time, I also put pebbles on top to keep flying pests out also it keeps the top from packing down or getting crusty I believe it lets the air penetrate the surface (my belief) better.?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
??
Myself, I've been using the same soil for a long time,pull plants, leave roots,break up,add new soil , keep going, I'm a smoker, I'm stingy, ITS ALL MINE?
?MAY ?THE ?BUGS? BE ?WITH ?YOU? MBNMV ? Just kidding mbnmv could not resist that stingy ITS ALL MINE BIT HaHa ?

mbnmv

Sep 30, 2018
All mines enclosed,no bugs, indoors, somehow got nightcrawlers,in some,free nutrients ?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
All mines enclosed,no bugs, indoors, somehow got nightcrawlers,in some,free nutrients ?
don't rely on indoors and no bugs mine have always been grown indoors and I have gotten bugs 2 separate times as a matter of fact if I think of it this week I will take a picture of my bug strips I very seldom see these little buggers flying around but they are their. I believe they come in with our fruit and veggies from the store I also put a couple of daddy long leg spiders ? in my tents they web in the corners an catch quite a few nats their self another DM (dumb experiment} I do that also every time I am digging in the yard I find a few night crawlers and I put them in my tubs let nature help. ?

Back