Question small "big" problem - tall plant

dagy

Apr 19, 2021
Hi,
I have a small "big" problem. This baby is extremely tall. I do everything under natural light. He'll go out then. But now it is more than 15cm. What should I do with it? should I cover the stem with soil or just plant it in a large pot and create support for it until it strengthens?

Attachments

• rast.jpg
    rast.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 88

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
It will keep stretching if in a windowsill. Its probably gonna die. Your only hope is to put in soil an cover the stalk to get support. Roots will eventually come out of the stalk. But it's gonna keep stretching if don't get some real light on it. Alot of windows have uv coating that stops it from getting in house. The plant needs that uv. Put under a grow light get that in soil and plant deep to get that stalk supported. Good luck

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Its stretching because it's trying to reach the light. When the plant gets enough light it will stop stretching. Even if put in a bigger pot it will keep stretching if not getting what it wants.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠There are numerous variables that can lead to plants stretching beyond what is normally expected from the strain. Significant environmental stressors resulting from transplant may cause the plant to go into shock. This will then trigger a reaction, causing it to stretch. Cannabis plants that are not properly cultivated under decent conditions or aren’t receiving satisfactory nutrition will respond in a number of adverse forms, including stretching.One of the main culprits of inordinate stretching of cannabis plants is lack of light exposure. Plants that are too far away from an adequate light source will respond by spurring stem growth to move themselves closer to the lamp. Especially in the presence of many other plants, sparse lighting can easily cause a grow room to become severely overcrowded, throwing off the steady progress of your crop and the ratio of distance between bulbs and plants.
when using a grow light you should keep it 12" to 18" from the plant to keep it from stretching sorry didn't mean to wright a book. :mask:

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
You CAN save this plant.

Re-pot. Bury it up to the cotyldons. Water scantily. Now give her some real light! Even if it's just a tiny cfl she will respond.

Next, she will need air movement to toughen up the stem. Any small fan can make a huge difference in vigour. Computer fan, desk fan, whatever's available to start with.

Now what are you doing? Go play in the dirt.

Mscollege

Jan 31, 2021
You CAN save this plant.

Re-pot. Bury it up to the cotyldons. Water scantily. Now give her some real light! Even if it's just a tiny cfl she will respond.

Next, she will need air movement to toughen up the stem. Any small fan can make a huge difference in vigour. Computer fan, desk fan, whatever's available to start with.

Now what are you doing? Go play in the dirt.
Yes one of my YouTube friends grows with a regular LED light bulb. She gets nothing special but it works for her.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Don't follow bad mistakes. Get a light on amazon for like 75 bucks but look for true watts not amazon false watts.. look at the actual draw of the light. Anything would be better than a light bulb.

Mscollege

Jan 31, 2021
Don't follow bad mistakes. Get a light on amazon for like 75 bucks but look for true watts not amazon false watts.. look at the actual draw of the light. Anything would be better than a light bulb.
Right! I’ve always atleast a 1000w led or hps.

nrgaura

Apr 8, 2021
It needs a closer light source. Same issues can arise when using a humidity dome.

Humidity Domes:

Back