Some advice on autos.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I was telling members to push nuts when they start flowering. I recently on this grow started using fox farm ocean forest. Well let's say this soil is extremely high in natural nutrients and when put nuts in even at half strength it is burning the plants. My older soil I was using did not have a crazy amount of added natural nutrients so you can push the nutrients. This ocean forest is very hot in nuts and no extra nutrients needed. So make sure to check the soil your using and how much natural nutrients are in it before adding more. Even as an experienced grower these newer soils can throw a curve ball at ya with all the nuts in em. Just wanted to share with ya

NicolaMcLean

Sep 6, 2021
Where the hell have I been before? I did exactly the opposite. Then I was very inexperienced in this field and always thought that the more natural nutrients, the better. As practice has shown, the result did not coincide with what I planned to get. Your words were confirmed. Because of this unfortunate experience, I suspended my activities and returned to ganjagrams as I did before. I really appreciate that people just share their experience and just help others become better for free. Thank you for sharing. I will be glad to see something like this again!

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
That fox farm soil isn’t cheap. Like 40 per bag in Ontario
🤠I myself have always used Miracle Grow bought at Walmart and have always had pretty good growing with this product i just cant see buying all this fancy soil for a weed. when you grow in the forest you use mother earth she doesn't buy all this fancy soils for her weeds 🧙‍♂️

Uncle Canuck

Aug 12, 2021
I used cheap black earth mixed some sheep manure in with some perlite. Done cheap and easy.

Attachments

• 2EE27FB0-610A-4C87-94B2-EF1E202C3F15.jpeg
    2EE27FB0-610A-4C87-94B2-EF1E202C3F15.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 3CDEB65B-AF4C-44E2-BEE1-DD0FE1D0E352.jpeg
    3CDEB65B-AF4C-44E2-BEE1-DD0FE1D0E352.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

Bud Goblin

Sep 11, 2021
🤠I myself have always used Miracle Grow bought at Walmart and have always had pretty good growing with this product i just cant see buying all this fancy soil for a weed. when you grow in the forest you use mother earth she doesn't buy all this fancy soils for her weeds 🧙‍♂️
I used cow manure bought at Canadian tire

Joshman

Apr 18, 2021
I keep going back to hydro but for outdoor, I will plant in the ground (no real pre-fert). I will run a soaker hose around them and water as needed. I will then take the dump from my hydro and put it on the soil around my new trees.
This works REALLY well for me.

When I do other media, I will use cococoir. It's so basic that any problems will be simple to fix.

I had luck with miracle grow but when problems came up, I couldn't just flush and try something else.