Southwest Colorado Mountain Grow

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
Not entirely sure about the genesis of the Atomic Green. Based on leaf morphology and height I know it is sativa dominant. I grew a lot of oddball seeds that I've been collecting for a few years this time around. But yeah it was really different from any of the others, so it is probably not related to the purps or the blue poison, both of which were derived from Blue Dream

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
Already chopped for the most part, dried for two weeks, working on jarring now. The pics are from near the end of September. I actually would have let the whole crop go another two weeks but weather conditions got a little fucky. I harvested the mature ones and left the rest. Turns out I should have left all of them, because the ones still outside are just fine despite having been frozen something like 8 times now.

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
Happy to tell everyone all about it! Wish I had pics of the grow before this. This one went through a lot. All of the pics are labelled in the filenames. This one here is the Blue Poison. It's actually the only strain I have that I know the full lineage of, because I tend to collect lots of random seeds. Anywho, the Blue Poison is a cross of Blue Dream and Durban Poison. Haven't tried it yet because this is my first time with that particular strain, but I'm expecting a very euphoric, energetic high. It has a different morphology than I'm used to, with bluish-tinged leaves. The foliage is the same color and shape as spearmint leaves, very broad with pronounced serrations as opposed to the long skinny leaves that most sativa growers will be familiar with. When young, the buds themselves are a very deep blue, almost black, which stands out against the almost bleach white hairs. What else would you like to know?
Blue Poison.JPG

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
What an introduction to FC @Wylde Bobb, great to see you. That's one beautiful garden you grew there and some eye watering pics :heart_eyes:
A few questions. Are they organic? What do you feed them? I'm assumming these are grown directly in the dirt? What soil amendments/feed did you use?
I love the pic with the blue sky background and large central cola that would be a pic of the month winner for sure, really great growing :)
How much do you reckon you'll pull in total from that lot, I don't think I could even guess :p

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Just noticed the pinkish pistil girl you had, really really nice. I've had very few show that over the years probably less than 1%, it's always a sight to see.
I'm dying to see some dried bud shots now, that is going to be some fine smoke :party:

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
This year was pretty work intensive in terms of the soil. First I had till in around 40 bags of new topsoil. I used a rototiller for this as the ground had sat for 2 years without a grow. We have high clay soil here, so baking in the sun for that long made it quite hard. Tilled in some slow release nutrient pellets, sawdust, bloodmeal, and bonemeal as well. I prefer to use mostly just organic nutrients, but this year money has been very tight so I've had to rely on more run of the mill fertilizers, basic bloom booster and vegetative stuff. Towards the end I was making a custom blend of store bought fertilizers to get the balance of nutrients I like.

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
I'm glad to be able to share these with the community! As for how much I'll pull in... I really have no idea. A lot. Ask me that in a private message, I might have a better reckoning then. ;) Oh, and that whole plant had pink hairs. I THINK it might be strawberry diesel, but I'm not sure. I'll have a better idea after I get it cured up right.

Wylde Bobb

Oct 10, 2017
I ended up acquiring the coffee diesel and the strawberry the same way. A friend had a bunch of plants, but didn't have time or space to work with all of them. They were doing a greenhouse grow. Basically the plants that they gave me had sat in pots unwatered for several weeks. They gave them to me thinking they would die, but I brought them all back and transferred them outside. Once their root systems were established they took right off in that full sun. They still ended up being somewhat smaller than the plants that I'd started myself, because of their rough start, but the crystal formation seems to be right where it should be.

As for the smoke report, we're about 8 weeks out on that for the coffee diesel, strawberry, and Blue Poison. I put my bud through a fairly intensive curing process that uses orange and lime rinds. I can't wait to try the strawberry either, @Sunshine , I've never worked with that strain before this, never even smoked any.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
As for the smoke report, we're about 8 weeks out on that for the coffee diesel, strawberry, and Blue Poison. I put my bud through a fairly intensive curing process that uses orange and lime rinds. I can't wait to try the strawberry either, @Sunshine , I've never worked with that strain before this, never even smoked any.
Just in time for christmas :party::party:

Back