Question Strain information

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Anyone know anything about a strain called “Charlottes Web”?
I use a several sites to search for strain information. Here is a link with some good information from one of them.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018

🤠Indica Dominant Hybrid - 60% Indica / 40% Sativa​

CBD: 20% THC 1%​

This lifesaving strain has been in the news, a lot. It's the focus of a nationwide effort to legalize marijuana strains high in CBD. Charlotte's Web was named after Charlotte Figi, a young Colorado girl with severe epilepsy whose constant seizures were stopped by this strain. Her story brought public attention to a cause that has helped secure medical marijuana laws in more than a dozen states. Charlotte's Web won't get you high; its THC content is substantially less than 1%. But the CBD content can hit 17% or higher, making this one of the most powerful marijuana medications available. Charlotte's Web is a sativa-dominant hybrid (40:60 sativa/indica ratio). It's highly effective at treating pediatric seizure disorders, while it also helps with pain, muscle spasms, and headaches. The overall effect is entirely physical, with no intoxication, even in children and first-time users. This strain has a strong pine smell, with floral tones and an earthy taste. 🧙‍♂️

Uncle Canuck

Aug 12, 2021
Found it in my bedside table. Forgot where I had hid it.

Attachments

• 6A7227C4-719A-4BED-BB4C-486855AD2154.jpeg
    6A7227C4-719A-4BED-BB4C-486855AD2154.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • D242C1E5-500F-4F8B-8831-FDCB6FACF78F.jpeg
    D242C1E5-500F-4F8B-8831-FDCB6FACF78F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠nope their are thousands of strains a strain is in the generics not the look of a plant unless it is a Frankenstein 🧙‍♂️

Uncle Canuck

Aug 12, 2021
Worth a try figured I’d ask anyways. Can you clone something during or after flowering? Like if I kept the plant alive and brought it inside over the winter .

Uncle Canuck

Aug 12, 2021
Cause if harvest goes good and it’s a good smoke I may keep cloning it and try this reverse sex spray. Get some fem seeds and offer them up.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠 YES you can clone after flowering i have done it many times but you need to find a bottom shut which does not have a flower a young one and do you have rooting powder you need to give it help is what i do i cut the stem at a 45 degree angle place it in water for a day stick it in rooting helper than put it in your pot for growing what ever media you are using keep it moist every day spray it than do a lot of hoping and watching it usually takes off in about 5 days. also you can buy rooting helper at AMAZON this is what i use its pretty good i have had a 99% rate with it so far knock on wood 1 2 3 . 🧙‍♂️

Garden Safe Take Root Rooting Hormone, 2-Ounce(2Pack)

BrotherRandall

Aug 22, 2021
My plant is a unknown strain is there a way to identify it visually?
Uncle,

If you are only going based on the visuals of the plant, you can’t definitively say what particular strain it is, but you can look at the leaf morphology and distinguish if you are growing a sativa, sativa-dominant hybrid, indica, indica-dominant hybrid, or hybrid plant, or possibly some ruderalis or ruderalis hybrid. To try and figure what strain you have, I would consistently test the terpene profile and development during the flowering phase and compare the scents and aromas to other familiar and similarly smelling strains to get an idea of what strain you might have, and finally testing the effects of the flowers when they are cured and ready to compare the effects to other similar strains... If you’re an experienced and seasoned cannabis user that has tried many different strains, then these techniques should be helpful in trying to figure out the strain you have.
It’s also a good habit to take at least one cutting to clone off of your plant or plants to preserve that particular phenotype just in case you find something special or that you really like.

BrotherRandall

Aug 22, 2021
Worth a try figured I’d ask anyways. Can you clone something during or after flowering? Like if I kept the plant alive and brought it inside over the winter .
Uncle, you can take clones from flowering females to preserve the genetic phenotype that you are trying to save. I’ve done this numerous times and have had flowering cuttings sent to me and cloned them. This is actually a technique called “monster cropping” where you take cuts off of an early flowering female and get them back growing into vegetative growth phase. The consolidation of all of the nodes in the early flowering bud forms really tight internodal growth and many new shoots and growth to sprout forth from those tightly condensed internodes forming a naturally bushy plant with many lateral branches. You might have to top your re-vegging plant if any of the vertical or main stems get too tall. The other technique your referring to about bringing your flowering plant inside during winter is another good way to preserve your plant or phenotype by forcing your flowering plant back into vegetative growth phase by simulating extended light cycles with your indoor lighting making sure your plant is receiving at least more than 12 hours of light. I would suggest an 18/6 light schedule of 18 hours of lights on and 6 hours of darkness to re-initiate the vegetative growth phase. Once you have some healthy strong branching and healthy vegetative growth, you can take a proper cutting or toss your re-vegged lady back into flowering phase again, but not that the production and harvest yield will be significantly less than the first initial flowering phase of this same plant.

Last edited:

Back