Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

strange plants.

L

Larry

Thread starter #1
I have four or five plants that are three feet tall. They are spindle. The leaves are only three leaves to the spread. Then up to the top all the leafs are only one. They are female and at the base of each stem is a seed pod. Got no idea what has happened to these four plants. All plants are of the same seeds , same dirt, and watered the same. Thinking of cutting them down.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hey Larry πŸ‘ It's hard to diagnose from the information provided πŸ€”
Are the plants indoors or outdoors? πŸ’‘
What light cycle are the plants on? (ie how many hours on, how many hours off)
Don't do anything drastic, what your noticing may be perfectly normal! As @FerretWrangler said pics would be helpful in getting you the correct fix but if you can't don't worry πŸ™‚

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Plants are out side and about 14hr of daylight. Long summer days. For the life of me I can't figure out how to post a picture on here.
I'm happy to tell you there's nothing wrong with the plants :party: the light cycle (14 hours) is making the plants flower 🌻
When plants have 18hrs or more of light a day they grow πŸŒ– When the hours of light get closer to 12 hours the plant begins to flower πŸŒ—
This is why you have seen the leaves go from 3 to 1 blade, this happens when the plants are flowering/beginning to flower ;)
If you have any other questions let us know, always happy to help! Good luck with your grow and welcome to FC πŸŒ±πŸ‘

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
They're hermaphrodite if seeds are forming in the absence of males.
When plants are triggered early or grown on an almost flowering cycle you will see these anomalies in leaf blade numbers, that in itself is quite normal.
I'd love to see a pic to give you better insight :)
You won't get fully formed buds on 14 hours of light, just lots of preflowers ;)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
I will see if somehow I can attach a photo. The odd thing is the plants right next to these have formed normally. Nice buds. Both have had the exact same sunlight and care.
I think the reason you can't attach an image is that you're logged in as a guest ;)
When you register and login you'll see the attachment button below the text box where you type :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
It looks like some wild genetics, sometimes with offspring some show traits from their ancestry some showing more of one side some more of the other side of their breeding, looks like these are showing traits from some wild/landrace cannabis 🌴
One the plus side it looks pretty stealthy, barely looks like weed πŸ‘»

Last edited: