What's new

Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Strawberry Cough, Skunk #1 by MSNL seeds.

Indoor Growing

Strawberry Cough, Skunk #1 by MSNL seeds.

CrimemasterGoGo

Looks awesome @Sunshine. I took 3 clones today. Trying 2 with water cloning and the other one with rooting gel.

20190405_175058.jpg

4-5 leaves have these spots and it's spreading to the other leaves as well. I keep removing the infected part on the leaves but this just keeps on spreading.

Do you know what might be causing this ?

CrimemasterGoGo

Will do tomorrow. I think they might be leaf miners cos it's leaving the same mark and eating through the leaf. I really have bad luck. Got rid of one pest problem and another one pops up.

Anyways, here's a picture of the most developed flower on the plant currently.
The branches I Supercropped have come back up after just 2 days

20190406_194510.jpg

CrimemasterGoGo

@Sunshine The pistils are turning red on the flowering sites. Does this mean she's pollinated ? It has been quite windy here in the last few days and there might be a lot of wild cannabis growing nearby.

If she does get pollinated, how will it overall affect the plant and the yeilds
20190408_134910.jpg

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Cool pics @CrimemasterGoGo, she's coming along nicely! 👍
If she does get pollinated, how will it overall affect the plant and the yeilds
Overall yield is reduced and there is some opinion that potency is slightly reduced.
Hard to say whether she has been pollinated or not as other factors can make the pistils die off such as rain/adverse weather but if there are males within a few hundred meters then there is certainly a risk of this happening at some point.

CrimemasterGoGo

Thanks @Sunshine, Everything was going well until I had a leaf miner problem which spread to other leaves really quickly, I gave her a nice neem oil spray the day before and removed a lot of infected fan leaves.

If she is pollinated, I don't mind getting some nice seeds (hopefully they don't turn out to be hermies). I was anyways planning to pollinate a clone with north indian genetics to get some beans.

Read some articles that said neem oil treated cannabis plants are not safe for smoking, what's your intake on this? have you personally ever smoked neem oil treated buds? also, will the smell go away by the time its ready for harvest?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠-To start with, As for smoking it, how are we supposed to know that? Nobody has done studies (or would dream of funding studies) on smoking neem oil. Or on what kind of carcinogenic or otherwise harmful substances are created when it is burned. neem oil is not a toxic chemical. As a general rule, it's good for you. Traces sure don't hurt, or the EPA would not have exempted their typical requirement for maximum pesticide residues on agricultural productsDespite it is not toxic, NEVER spray the buds in advanced state of flowering, in case of having your plants at this phase, since Neem oil could affect the flavor besides exerting a negative effect on the Trichomes
As what you learned, Neem oil is an organic pesticide which means that it has a big help in growing cannabis organically. Neem oil has a certain compound called azadirachtin which is the one who will fight insects and prevent its larvae development. Azadirachtin will also cause death to any insects through blocking its airways.
Another big use of neem oil is for prevention and remedy of plague in cannabis plants. Spider mites and whitefly are just a few of the many cannabis plagues that will destroy your weeds. These plagues will cause destruction to your cannabis if you will not remove them from your plants right away.
Neem oil is also effective in protecting your cannabis from fungus and bacteria that might kill your weeds.
Neem oil is beneficial for your marijuana plants however; you can only use it in the vegetative stage. This organic pesticide has a bitter taste which can affect the flavor of your weeds if you will apply it in the flowering period.
Neem oil is not just friendly to your weeds but also to most mammals and this makes this oil a beneficial one I have been using neem oil since I started growing cannabis I always used it on my other flowers . I have just my last grow used neem oil on my plants in both stages veggie and flowering and both my wife and her boy stated it gave an after taste they said was not real pleasant, but when I sprayed them in veggie state it was great. also I noticed that when you sprayed it in the flowering state it killed the white pistils they were in late state of flowering I have researched this area quite a bit for I have dogs and birds and fish tanks and if I don't keep my wife in quality smoke I do and will hear about it. Again I Quote Do not treat your plants in flowering stage I usually spray at least once a week and I find no pest well here I go in my books again sorry.🤪

Last edited:

CrimemasterGoGo

Thanks for the clarification, @Alphatoy . My plant is still in early flowering, not seeing any signs of budding on her.

I think I'll do a water curing on her, after the harvest.

I myself like the powder rooting I use Garden Safe TAKEROOT rooting hormone. and have had a 98% success.🤠👍
I ended up getting a rooting powder from a nursery locally. I'm also trying the water cloning method.
20190412_125940.jpg

@Sunshine Have you tried Big Buddha's UK cheese ? Have heard really good things about that strain. I loved smoking cheese strain when I was in Manchester. The only downside was the price £10 for a gram.

CrimemasterGoGo

@Alphatoy Thanks but its at my farm house, which is over 60 years old. I wasn't even born then 😁.

Yeah, the pricing was crazy even more so for me cos' the price of £ was 20-30% higher that time from my country's currency. Also, it's illegal so that increases the prices even more.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
@Sunshine Have you tried Big Buddha's UK cheese ?
I've had the Exodus Cheese from GH and that was really good, I'm pretty sure they're the same line and licensed from Big Buddha. Yield was excellent and flavour is also very good but be warned she is an absolute stinker! 💫
Re the pistil browning, this would result from the neem spraying you mentioned so if this occurred soon after this then it is likely the cause ;)

CrimemasterGoGo

I've had the Exodus Cheese from GH and that was really good, I'm pretty sure they're the same line and licensed from Big Buddha. Yield was excellent and flavour is also very good but be warned she is an absolute stinker! 💫
Re the pistil browning, this would result from the neem spraying you mentioned so if this occurred soon after this then it is likely the cause ;)
I saw their grow session video on YouTube, Arjan said the original clone was donated to them by Big Buddha.

As for pollination, she did get pollinated. I'm seeing some seed pods on the lower part of the colas (plucked one and opened it and found a small seed in there). I think the neem oil spray just made it worse.The Pistils on some of the smaller colas have turned dark brown.

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
yep if you sprayed during flowering. if it was in veggie state neem oil ok.

Top Bottom