What's new

Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Strawberry Cough, Skunk #1 by MSNL seeds.

Indoor Growing

Strawberry Cough, Skunk #1 by MSNL seeds.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
@Sunshine, How do I know when it's the right time to harvest ?
When the hairs have turned 90%-95% brown and the calyxes have swollen, if you can wait another couple of weeks you will get better potency.
You can also go by the trichomes using a loupe/magnifier/lens, when the trichomes are cloudy to amber is a good time to harvest.
This article is worth a read 👍

Does pollination change the taste of the bud ?
Pollination alone doesn't, in my experience, have any noticeable impact on flavour.
Good luck with your harvest, what are you going to do with the seeds? are you going to grow some out?

CrimemasterGoGo

Great Article @Sunshine , yeah I have no plans to harvest her yet. I'll let her go for a couple of weeks atleast. Do the nugs even get fat on pollinated plants?

As for seeds, I located the source of the pollen its from some landrace sativas growing on the roadside near my house. its almost 9-10 feet long. I'll definitely grow some of them. These plants that grow here can take high temps. it'll be intresting to see how they come out.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Great Article @Sunshine , yeah I have no plans to harvest her yet. I'll let her go for a couple of weeks atleast. Do the nugs even get fat on pollinated plants?
This depends on many factors including strain but yes you can get decent flowers from pollinated plants.
Timing is also a factor plants pollinated very early in flower will produce less/smaller buds that a plant pollinated half way through flowering.
I think your flowers will swell slightly over the next few weeks but at this stage I wouldn't expect to see a dramatic increase in size, what will increase is potency and flavour.
As for seeds, I located the source of the pollen its from some landrace sativas growing on the roadside near my house. its almost 9-10 feet long. I'll definitely grow some of them. These plants that grow here can take high temps. it'll be intresting to see how they come out.
This sounds like an interesting project, good luck my friend! :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
:)
Should I harvest the seeds before drying the buds or after drying them ? Also, do you leave the seed pods or you keep them after removing the seeds.
You can harvest either before or after, I've always harvested them after the flowers are dry, personally I only remove the seeds as I smoke my way through to keep the trichomes in tact :sun:
Also, do you leave the seed pods or you keep them after removing the seeds.
Leave them, they're covered in trichomes 👍

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
When the hairs have turned 90%-95% brown and the calyxes have swollen, if you can wait another couple of weeks you will get better potency.
You can also go by the trichomes using a loupe/magnifier/lens, when the trichomes are cloudy to amber is a good time to harvest.
This article is worth a read 👍

Pollination alone doesn't, in my experience, have any noticeable impact on flavour.
Good luck with your harvest, what are you going to do with the seeds? are you going to grow some out?
I myself have never went by the hairs Reason sometimes my hairs turn brown and the trichome crystal are still clear so I always wait till crystals turn amber because when I wait sometimes the hairs start coming back white I don't know the answer maybe what I feed the ladies .
🤠

Top Bottom