Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Organic Sunshines Mixed Strain Grow 2.0 feat Top Dawg, Red Dragon, FruitWreck & Sweet Tooth #3

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #1
This grow we'll be following the revegged FruitWreck and some exciting new additions from Barneys Farm namely Top Dawg & Red Dragon. I'll also be adding another strain to the grow in the next couple of days and will update with what I finally choose for the final spot :) *Edit to add - selected Sweet Tooth #3 for the final spot.

Here are the strain descriptions:
FruitWreck - my own cross of Florida Trainwreck circa 2003 x FruitBowl. It's a very crystally dank flower that hits hard and has a nice stimulating high and fruity/dank taste, this particular pheno is the grapefruit/bubblegum which I find very moreish, it's one of those you keep smelling and reaching for the jar :yum

Barneys Farm Top Dawg - Cup Winner -Mexican Sativa x Afghani Indica Kush
TOP DAWG™ is a true marijuana experience. It starts with strong pungent scent, and finishes with an amazing mind and muscle relaxing high. A good filtration system is recommended when growing this strain. Pineapple notes run through this strain, producing a beautiful flavour with a slightly musky accent. TOP DAWG™ has a high yield of 550 per square metre for a medium plant, but creates really dense but beautiful colas that are easy to manicure.

Barneys Farm Red Dragon - Brazilian x Afghani
The crossing of a Pakistani Kush with a true Brazilian Sativa paved the way for one of our most exotic strains. RED DRAGON™ gives a distinctive and immediately exotic Sativa high, with a relaxing effect that lasts for hours. The finished buds encapsulate the flavour and smell of Guava fruit within unique red and green colas. RED DRAGON™ grows medium short, and has a short 8 week flowering period. This plant gives a big yield of highly prized product, but finishes outdoor by the end of September.

Spice of Life Sweet Tooth #3 - Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Sweet Tooth BX2
This Sweet Tooth is the result of one backcross line wherein the goal in searching the father was an emphasis on the taxonomy and aroma of the original SPG mother. The Grapefruit is a true favorite among growers and consumers. It is possibly the most cultivated strain among commercial producers in Vancouver. The preceding BX2 seed that the father was selected from produced quite homogenous grapefruit-like plants, this generation should be suitable for crossing. The plant is high yielding for a Sweet Tooth yet retains the exceptional candied sweetness this strain is famous for. A beautiful plant with a beautiful taste and a positive vibration. A smiling high is guaranteed from these heady flowers. The plants are quite hardy and easy to grow, and prefer a drier finishing time, as the buds become fat enough for mold to be of concern. These chunky monkeys often require staking but in a windy location they should be stout enough to hold their own (significant) weight. Does well as a small bush but will become a large bush given adequate growth parameters. Whether this is an exceptional commercial strain or head stash is for you to decide. I truly hope you enjoy these plants as much as I do.

The story is the same as normal, no til organic top dressed with FBB and planning to do a tea in around 3 weeks ie about 5-10 days before flip.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #2
Top Dawg - day 7

Red Dragon - day 7

As you can see the soil is a tiny weeny bit hot for the seedlings, but if you've followed my grows before you'll know this is par for the course and they will grow straight through it.

FruitWreck - reveg

The FruitWreck has been thinned back and super cropped, I'll be quite hard on the training with this one to keep it in check so it doesn't over shadow the new arrivals.
Stay tuned for updates, comments and suggestions are welcomed :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #3
I finally decided on the strain for the final spot and after much deliberation decided on Sweet Tooth #3 by Spice of Life these seeds are ancient (around 15 years old) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd be happy if even 2 came up one male and one female would be nice more would be better. I do have one more back up pack of these but hoping to not to have to resort to that.
I chose the Sweet Tooth #3 as it's a personal favourite, the seeds aren't getting any younger and I needed some male pollen to pollinate some lower branches of the other girls in the cab so had to choose from my regular seeds and looking at oldest first these jumped out at me.
Notable runners up were The Pure from Flying Dutchman, BlockHead from Spice of Life and Northern Lights bx3 of mine (love the northern lights :) ).
DSC_0761.JPG

Just read up the seed spec on top dawg.. the floral clusters are pure nugs incredible also a short girl too.
9 - 10 weeks they claim too.

Great choice.

TOP DAWG™ Cannabis Seeds Specifications
Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Normal
Cultivation: Indoor/outdoor
Genetics: Mexican Sativa x Afghani Indica Kush
Effect: Amazing mind and muscle relaxing high
Indoor Yield (g): 550 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days): 60 - 65
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month: October
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week: 1st-2nd week
Height (cm): 80/90cm
Height Indoor (cm): 90cm
Indica %: 40%
Sativa %: 60%
Medical: No
Taste: Pineapple notes run through this strain, producing a beautiful flavour with a slightly musky accent
Aroma: Strong pungent scent

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #6
Nice to see these - good luck on getting a good breeding pair. Im keen to see them.
Good to get old seed stock refreshed too .
How old are the pure beans and BH - im guessing your NL bx3 is much younger ?
The Blockhead seeds are the same age as these, the NL bx3 are also ancient so they are on the list to do asap. The Pure are about 4-5 years old :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Some good luck! Two of the 15 year old original Sweet Tooth #3 seedlings have popped which I'm extremely happy about, here's hoping a few more show over the the next few days :) I'd all but given up on these so this has literally made my day!
Great news @Sunshine! I'm looking forward to seeing the old ones in full swing :) I love the look of that top dog specifically but they all look wonderful.

BudMonster

he finished buds encapsulate the flavour and smell of Guava fruit within unique red and green colas. RED DRAGON™ grows medium short, and has a short 8 week flowering period. This plant gives a big yield of highly prized product, but finishes outdoor by the end of September.
hope the dragon turns red mate sounds wicked

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #20