Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Organic Sunshines Mixed Strain Grow 2.0 feat Top Dawg, Red Dragon, FruitWreck & Sweet Tooth #3

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Top Dawg
Red Dragon
FruitWreck
Sweet Tooth #3 - these look very weird at the moment due to their blueberry heritage but they'll grow out of this in the next week or so as the first proper sets of leaves come through and they start to behave themselves :)
Wow the TD and RD look awesome! They're growing up so fast they must be in the zone! The sweet tooth #3's do look like wild cards, can't wait to see what's in store.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #23
nice big pots. Top dawg looks like a strong easy to grow plant.how long are you vegging ? or have you already flipped them ?

take a look at the wilma system. The yields people get are incredible. I love the doing fuck all and just filling a reservoir - honestly tired of pissing about and also with a scrog net its much easier with no reaching around etc.
consistently yields are much higher and also can of course go 100% organic which i always do.
Gonna use bat guano liquid fert.
for about 100 quid you can get a 4 pot kit x 18L and with the extra few zips from the first crop your already winning.

I know they are pricey but since its a hobby why not. Also quality soils arent getting cheaper. Each time its at least 60 quid.

I like the idea of having something automated , locked away in the tent.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #25
Flipped them yesterday (first day of darkness) :)
SIP buckets are much cheaper than wilma and are a doddle to make, if you're thinking along those lines give them a look.
I'll be interested to see how you get on the wilma system and how far your res ph will swing.
The soil I buy is a fiver for 60 liters (jacks magic), plus amendments another 5 which makes enough for 4 pots, I then use it indefinitely run after run.
The key is to find what works for you and to rinse and repeat.

Pic of a sip bucket.

jacks magic sounds great value.
pic of the ingredients . does it already have perlite ?

now ive bought the system. i will keep an eye on the ph. for simplicitys sake and for yield i will run 4 exodus cheese in a scrog.
a good starter crop.

the problem is i cant get good quality cheap soil . the supermarket soil the plants simply dislike regardless of shedloads of perlite added.
wont do it again. so after the cost of loads of new biobizz soil i decided to do a quick skunk and ak47 crop then flip over to hydro.
i would really love it if the bananas would bush out this dank is the very best ive grown in terms of quality and strength so far.

do you have a veg cab ? anything waiting ? perpetual system ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #27
The mix you have isn't far off, it just needs vermiculite, some dolomite lime and a small amount of worm castings. If you took your first mix (too heavy) and mixed it with your second mix (too light) you'd probably be close to perfect.
Jacks Magic comes with seaweed/kelp and sand so you still have to add perlite and vermiculite, dolomite lime etc
so after the cost of loads of new biobizz soil i decided to do a quick skunk and ak47 crop then flip over to hydro.
If you're attempting organic + hydro it is possibly the single most difficult path of them all. PH will be swinging like a monkey at the zoo and you will be battling the dreaded root slime.
If it were me I'd keep your soil and remix with vermiculite (15%) and some castings (10%-15%) this would give you a very good mix. Also add some dolomite lime and mix in some FBB and use mycos.
At the moment your mix isn't bad but it isn't coming together/wicking well as it's too light.
If you re amend your mix you could do half in normal pots, half sip pots and see which works best for you.

i already paid for the wilma. id rather go no nutes at all than have those problems.
are you sure a tiny amount of bat guano liquid would do that with the ph ? i think it a safe bet. small amount of guano .
next top up just fresh . essentially could do a feed every other fill of the reservoir ?
again very light ..what you think ? i mean organic and hydro would rock.

clay pebbles get the biggest yields. also organic. gonna use these.
gonna use up my quality soils on the skunk and ak47.
cant beat that soil organic taste for the monk as you know.
simply gonna do high yield potent strains. no.1 exodus cheese..
gotta have it. the big cheese next grow thread.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #31
Definitely an interesting experiment. It's easy to get them going well in organic hydroponics but as soon as they start needing decent amounts of food for growth things tend to go a little left, I've tried several times with organic dwc, I only used 1 pot (20 liter) with a bubbler net pot and clay pebbles.
They start well then the slime, deficiencies and the ph inevitably start to crop up, to cut a long story short I couldn't make it work a friend also tried at the same time and their results mirrored mine.
It's not to say this can't be done but there are inherent problems using organic for hydro. Aquaponics is possibly/arguably the only viable way to pull this off.
In organic soil you have so much leeway that you simply don't have in hydro, keeping all the things the plant needs available at the correct ph is going to be a real skill.
I'd be thinking along the lines of weak compost tea in the res using worm castings (high amounts of beneficial microbes) and molasses and using mycos in the medium near the roots.
You could also maybe sit a smaller pot of soil in the wilma on pebbles then topped up with pebbles so you have at least some medium and the roots can grow in the ideal zone? Maybe try that on a couple of them?
Good luck, I hope you get it dialled with some custom tweaks and outside of the box thinking!

Definitely an interesting experiment. It's easy to get them going well in organic hydroponics but as soon as they start needing decent amounts of food for growth things tend to go a little left, I've tried several times with organic dwc, I only used 1 pot (20 liter) with a bubbler net pot and clay pebbles.
They start well then the slime, deficiencies and the ph inevitably start to crop up, to cut a long story short I couldn't make it work a friend also tried at the same time and their results mirrored mine.
It's not to say this can't be done but there are inherent problems using organic for hydro. Aquaponics is possibly/arguably the only viable way to pull this off.
In organic soil you have so much leeway that you simply don't have in hydro, keeping all the things the plant needs available at the correct ph is going to be a real skill.
I'd be thinking along the lines of weak compost tea in the res using worm castings (high amounts of beneficial microbes) and molasses and using mycos in the medium near the roots.
You could also maybe sit a smaller pot of soil in the wilma on pebbles then topped up with pebbles so you have at least some medium and the roots can grow in the ideal zone? Maybe try that on a couple of them?
Good luck, I hope you get it dialled with some custom tweaks and outside of the box thinking!

Been thinking about this project . Pimp my Wilma..

I just sent an enquiry to a plastic company to copy the lid but in thick see through plastic. My intention is to go aquaponic. Use clay pebbles for pots.

its then easier with fw tropical fish to keep the water stable. also the addition of a aquarium filter and water heater to elminiate sludge.air stones and extra air pumps.
a couple of plecs would be good as they spend all day cleaning the tank.
then after every crop do a tank clean.

upgrade the drippers i saw some circular drippers much better.

i think then good fish keeping would solve the problem of the water ph.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #33
You should start a new thread for this, definitely something a lot of people will be interested in.
If you need a ph pen and ppm meter you're welcome to my old ones, they work fine just no longer needed.
It's worth researching the types of fish to use, I know guppies and normal gold fish work well ie produce waste that is good for the plants in useful quantities 🐠🐟

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #35
Update time 👍
I noticed this evening that one of the panels has unfortunately died, unsure yet whether it's the driver, panel itself or the switch. I'll dig deeper tomorrow and see if it's anything obvious that can easily be replaced💡🔌
As a quick fix I've moved the working light over the FruitWreck and Top Dawg and the 1/2 working panel over the smaller plants 🌱

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Those two sweet tooth look fucking sinister...! exciting to see.
first sweet tooth 3 pic - wonderful little thing-unusual. .

wings like a demon on the second and awesomely dark colors a real treat to see also. most excited about these.

Great update thanks.
crazy jungle of fruit wreck... shes gonna grace a few nice jars it looks like. what a hedge !

Incredible genetics here..

----

'Sweet Tooth #3' from Spice of Life
Not Listed
Family:​
Unknown or mixed family
Origin:​
Not Listed
Region:​
Not Listed
Not Listed
50 to 55 days
Oct 15 to Oct 31
Standard (M/F)
Average size
Yield:​
Not Listed
Not Listed
Not Listed
Not Listed

Breeder's Description - 'Sweet Tooth #3'

Sweet Tooth #3 (fourth generation, 3rd Backcross to Sweet Pink Grapefruit mother). This Sweet Tooth is the result of one backcross line wherein the goal in searching the father was an emphasis on the taxonomy and aroma of the original SPG mother. The Grapefruit is a true favourite among growers and consumers. It is possibly the most cultivated strain among commercial producers in Vancouver. The preceding BX2 seed that the father was selected from produced quite homogenous grapefruit-like plants, this generation should be suitable for crossing. The plant is high yielding for a Sweet Tooth yet retains the exceptional candied sweetness this strain is famous for. A beautiful plant with a beautiful taste and a positive vibration. A smiling high is guaranteed from these heady flowers. The plants are quite hardy and easy to grow, and prefer a drier finishing time, as the buds become fat enough for mold to be of concern. These chunky monkeys often require staking but in a windy location they should be stout enough to hold their own (significant) weight. Does well as a small bush but will become a large bush given adequate growth parameters. Whether this is an exceptional commercial strain or head stash is for you to decide. I truly hope you enjoy these plants as much as I do. Indoors Flowering: 8wks Outdoors: mid.Oct.& Indoors Yield: Way Above Average (easily 500gms per metre) Outdoors: Above Average