Super simple cloning

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I know some of you guys mentioned you'd not cloned before so I thought I'd take a couple of pics while I take some cuts from the Fruitwreck.
This method is quick easy and almost fool proof ?

The equipment: Shot glass full of tap water, sharp clean scissors, plastic bottle cut down to act as humidity dome.
DSC_1230.JPG
The method: Now find some small branches, 2.5-3 inches is a good length and chop the stems at 45 degree or steeper angle, strip the lower stem of leaves, cut any large leaves in half to reduce transpiration and put them in the water.
DSC_1281.JPG
DSC_1282.JPGDSC_1280.JPGDSC_1279.JPGDSC_1276.JPGDSC_1277.JPGDSC_1278.JPG

Care: The key thing now is to keep the cuts cool, heat is the enemy. The shot glass now gets covered with a 2 litre bottle to act as a humidity dome, roots will appear in a couple of weeks and the clones are exact copies of the mother they are taken from so you can preserve your favourite strain/pheno indefinitely.
DSC_1235.JPG
DSC_1298.JPGDSC_1300.JPG
It's as easy as that, no chemicals or hormones just water and throw away plastic, I'll update in a couple of weeks when the roots are appearing ?
If anyone wants more detail or pics of prepping the cut once a stems been removed let me know and I'll take some and edit them in ;)
Hope that helps someone ?

Last edited:

southindiansativa

Mar 1, 2018
I know some of you guys mentioned you'd not cloned before so I thought I'd take a couple of pics while I take some cuts from the Fruitwreck.
This method is quick easy and almost fool proof ?

The equipment: Shot glass full of tap water, sharp clean scissors, plastic bottle cut down to act as humidity dome.
View attachment 3995
The method: Now find some small branches, 2.5-3 inches is a good length and chop the stems at 45 degree or steeper angle, strip the lower stem of leaves, cut any large leaves in half to reduce transpiration and put them in the water.
View attachment 3996
Care: The key thing now is to keep the cuts cool, heat is the enemy. The shot glass now gets covered with a 2 litre bottle to act as a humidity dome, roots will appear in a couple of weeks and the clones are exact copies of the mother they are taken from so you can preserve your favourite strain/pheno indefinitely.

It's as easy as that, no chemicals or hormones just water and throw away plastic, I'll update in a couple of weeks when the roots are appearing ?
If anyone wants more detail or pics of prepping the cut once a stems been removed let me know and I'll take some and edit them in ;)
Hope that helps someone ?
Do upload more pics !! I’m very eager to know about the clonning process. Hope someday I will do my own clones?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Not much to report today, clones look exactly the same which is a good sign. All that needs to be done is avoid sweating them for another 10-15 days and bingo ?
Sorry for the delay in the process pics @southindiansativa, I'll make time tmrw to make an easy cloner using two plastic takeaway containers and take cuts from the Top Dawg and Red Dragon to provide better insight ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
where do you keep the cuts ? no lights etc ? just on the shelf ?
Just in the corner of a room, daylight during the day, I leave the light on at night ?
In India it will start sweating wherever I keep them other than refigirator!
In that case you'll have to mist the clones a few times a day with a sprayer for the first 10 days, after that you can cut down on the misting to once/twice a day until you see roots ;)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Had a quick look last night at the cuts taken on the 28th and 1 is showing a tiny fine white root ? by the end of next week we should have roots on most of them with any luck ?
I'll put up some progress pics at the weekend ?

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
They're ready to go into soil as soon as roots show, I'm hoping to get round to it at some point tmrw :)
To be honest I don't need these clones , I took them to demonstrate how to take cuts so I'll probably put them outside or give them away with the exception of the Fruitwrecks which I'll keep for further growing/breeding ?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Two fruitwreck cuts in the dirt, I've noticed roots on the other two fruitwreck cuts too so I'll leave them a couple of days to develop then pot them up ?
Thats 4/4 of the fruitwrecks rooted ?
DSC_1460.JPG

This is the one Red Dragon that had a nice root system, this ones probably destined for the great outdoors once it's 6inches+ and bushy ??

DSC_1461.JPG

5 out of 8 cuts rooted so far (4/4 fruitwreck, 1/2 red dragon, 0/2 Top Dawg) I'm hoping it'll be 8/8 by this time next week :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Great stuff @Sunshine . I just ordered a lead 1.8m for a single LED light . I will follow your lead and do some cuts how you did.
Cool, can't wait to see this! :)

I just planted up the remaining 2 fruitwreck cuts and last night potted the other Red Dragon, so 6/8 cuts rooted, in soil now, and growing ?
The Top Dawg cuts x 2 on the other hand are doing nothing, no signs of any roots or the start of roots. Think I'll give these a couple more days then toss them if nothing is happening ⚰

Back