Super simple cloning

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Still no movement on the 2 x Top Dawgs, they're both stubbornly refusing to show any signs of rooting whatsoever. I really don't like giving up on any plant but I'm going to have to pull the plug on these tonight.
The Fruitwrecks and Red Dragons on the other hand are growing nicely, so nicely in fact that one of the fruitwrecks is already big enough to take another cut from ?

JohnnyBunz

Jul 11, 2018
this is an awesome guide, I'm planning on using my topped plants when theyre ready for clones, gonna take a shot at it in the dark and hope it works. Do you just stick the roots into the soil? do they have to be positioned in any type of way?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I know some of you guys mentioned you'd not cloned before so I thought I'd take a couple of pics while I take some cuts from the Fruitwreck.
This method is quick easy and almost fool proof ?

The equipment: Shot glass full of tap water, sharp clean scissors, plastic bottle cut down to act as humidity dome.
View attachment 3995
The method: Now find some small branches, 2.5-3 inches is a good length and chop the stems at 45 degree or steeper angle, strip the lower stem of leaves, cut any large leaves in half to reduce transpiration and put them in the water.
View attachment 4067
View attachment 4066View attachment 4068View attachment 4069View attachment 4070View attachment 4071View attachment 4072

Care: The key thing now is to keep the cuts cool, heat is the enemy. The shot glass now gets covered with a 2 litre bottle to act as a humidity dome, roots will appear in a couple of weeks and the clones are exact copies of the mother they are taken from so you can preserve your favourite strain/pheno indefinitely.
View attachment 3996
View attachment 4079View attachment 4080
It's as easy as that, no chemicals or hormones just water and throw away plastic, I'll update in a couple of weeks when the roots are appearing ?
If anyone wants more detail or pics of prepping the cut once a stems been removed let me know and I'll take some and edit them in ;)
Hope that helps someone ?
sunshine what are you doing cutting clones or sheering sheep with those cutters haha

Back