The 4 bagseed that could. (hopefully)

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Groovy is right. These 4 (hopefully) girls have me feeling good about my first harvest. I do have some fem og kush and some member strains coming up behind them but these 4 are the most mature. Thanks for the kind words everybody. Since this is bagseed I guess that means I'll be able to name whatever these 4 produce, mother nature willing.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
šŸ¤ i always thought bag seed meant seeds you receive from a bag of Mary Jane you buy on the street i dont think you can give them a name for you have no genetics on them they could be anything. but i could be wrong it would not be the first time but they are looking good keep up the great work :mask:

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
šŸ¤ i always thought bag seed meant seeds you receive from a bag of Mary Jane you buy on the street i dont think you can give them a name for you have no genetics on them they could be anything. but i could be wrong it would not be the first time but they are looking good keep up the great work :mask:
Technically the story goes the seeds where from a cancer patient that passed away. Allegedly they are Acopolco gold and something else. I have no way to verify that and the source is shaky. So I'm calling them bag seed.

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you for the advice. I did absolutely plant these not only to soon, but to shallow as well. I could of and probably should of let it go in the jiffy alone much longer. Here's the larger of the 4. Just approaching the 30 day mark I think.
You did fine. I have been growing weed 50 years with a few breaks in between & gardens since I could walk with mom. I have never buried a cannabis plant past its soil level nor had to. I planted a weed seed along a river once under birches. I went back in fall it was 9 feet high & top cola was biggest I ever grew. In my opinion for what it is worth burying a stem on a young plant is inviting damping off. I ask are we smarter than God or creation or whatsoever we want to call him or her or it? Nature isn't broken is it? Or do we have to fix nature somehow? Well it is broken. We broke it trying to fix it. A good & honest way to grow in a pot is add some good seed starter in the middle of finish pot then place seed 3mm deep in said & keep it moist until it sheds it's helmut. If soil is good it rarely need amendments either just water & good light.

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Think so? Was definitely going to repot very soon but a little unsure about taking shears to them. I've watched videos on lollipopping and such but still apprehensive.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Just a pinch of the top leaves will do. I just use my thumb nail or some tweezers. This redirects the growth hormones to the lower nodes, causing them to become colas or tops. She will thus grow as a bush, with several heads, instead of a Christmas tree with only a single cola.

Won't harm her in the least I assure you.

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
Just a pinch of the top leaves will do. I just use my thumb nail or some tweezers. This redirects the growth hormones to the lower nodes, causing them to become colas or tops. She will thus grow as a bush, with several heads, instead of a Christmas tree with only a single cola.

Won't harm her in the least I assure you.
OK I will look up a couple videos again before I take that step. On an interesting side note, I have a smaller one not pictured that is naturally growing with what looks like 2 maybe even 3! tops naturally.
Is this something I'll need to do more than once?
You and every other member here has been very helpful in my quest to soak up as much info as possible.

rembrandt100

May 10, 2021
Think so? Was definitely going to repot very soon but a little unsure about taking shears to them. I've watched videos on lollipopping and such but still apprehensive.
I know what you mean about being apprehensive. I never did it before and almost died when I did what you see on the first pic. In the second pic you can see what was the top of the plant. I ranted and raved for a few minutes and told myself how stupid I was and then went inside to calm down. When I went back out 2 hours later I saw pic 3. They were trying to grow upward so I just left them alone. Noe see pic 4 there are 2 shoots growing from the main stem there are 2 more starting from the joint above the bend and 2 more growing from the apex where I had topped it 3 days earlier. Be brave go for it!

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 72

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
When you are confident in the technique you'll be able to do a FIM cut.
Thanks for that, your pictures plus the diagram really put it into perspective. Is there a best time to do this? As in early morning dawn, or should I do it at dusk? Does it matter?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
šŸ¤ i my self dont top any more now i use my 90 Degree stem Reorienting low stress training (LDS) and my plants love them and yes it is growing new colas to the main stem colas nothing loss much gained. and you can help the colas grow in any directions you want them to when i started i had 1 center cola now i have 28 colas the same height these things are great thank you :mask:

Attachments

• MVC-048S.JPG
    MVC-048S.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 71
  • MVC-049S.JPG
    MVC-049S.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 58
  • MVC-042S.JPG
    MVC-042S.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 62

droptopchevy

Apr 18, 2021
I don't think the time of day makes any difference.
šŸ¤ i my self dont top any more now i use my 90 Degree stem Reorienting low stress training (LDS) and my plants love them and yes it is growing new colas to the main stem colas nothing loss much gained. and you can help the colas grow in any directions you want them to when i started i had 1 center cola now i have 28 colas the same height these things are great thank you :mask:
Wow care to elaborate a bit on that technique? What are the plastic things?

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Wow care to elaborate a bit on that technique? What are the plastic things?
Yea, I've been watching @Alphatoy and would like to continue to see your results. Would you remind us where you got these again please? I may order some and give them a try. I love to train and play with the structure of my plants. BTW, a tip for those that didn't already know, I've found that training after a good watering has been done makes the limbs much more pliable and less likely to break. If the plant is thirsty when training the branches are a lot more likely to snap off or get excessive damage. Another lesson learned the hard way for me even though it seems like common sense now. Breaking a limb beyond recovery that had the potential to become a beautiful flower is very disheartening but turning one cola into multiple is delightful.

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018

šŸ¤  Miaoao 90 Degree Plant Trainer (35 Pack) for Low Stress Training (LST) to Replace Plant Trellis Net Plant Bender​

bought from Amazon there are cheaper types but i like theseā€¦ $14.99 :mask:
90 Degree Plant Trainer for Low Stress Training,No Stake Trellis, and Plant Training,Plant Trellisā€¦

About this item​

• 怐Increase Light Penetration怑: Control the height and shape of the plant to even out the canopy so light can reach all parts of the plant.
  • 怐Increase Airflow怑: Reorient stems to allow better airflow to help disperse moisture and low the chance of mold growing.Increase Yields,Creates multiple flowing sites in addition to the main stem.
  • 怐 Easily Install怑: Gently bend stems back and forth and then insert the bender over the stem
  • 怐 Effortlessly Removal怑: Crafted with bright colors for easy detection in dense foliage. Easy to find and remove.
  • 怐 Reuse: Made from PETG怑, a strong, durable, and impact resistant plastic. Reusable for multiple grows.

Last edited:

Back