Question This happening in only 5 days

Stomper1963

May 19, 2021
Hello 5 days ago I transferred very healthy looking plants vibrant green with no visual issues from small plastic cups. They were kept inside using 18 hours LED light before the transfer. Now outside for any days that have sunlight and brought in to the shep with LED to make up rainy days.
I used PROMIX soil as before and put them in much larger final planters for the rest of the season. One plant was turning black the others immediate color of white and today they are flaking like white ash. Not sure what to do, wait it out or maybe flush them. I am not using nutrients because I did not want to have too many variables in case something happened. Is this possibly just adjusting to the new soil. Please help advice very much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5517.JPG
    IMG_5517.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5595.JPG
    IMG_5595.JPG
    907.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5599.JPG
    IMG_5599.JPG
    606.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5600.JPG
    IMG_5600.JPG
    755.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5601.JPG
    IMG_5601.JPG
    561.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5602.JPG
    IMG_5602.JPG
    751.6 KB · Views: 27

Magu

May 10, 2023
Maybe transplant shock. If the new growth on top looks ok I would wait to see if they come back. You could give them light shade also.

Rasterman

Jan 28, 2023
Hello 5 days ago I transferred very healthy looking plants vibrant green with no visual issues from small plastic cups. They were kept inside using 18 hours LED light before the transfer. Now outside for any days that have sunlight and brought in to the shep with LED to make up rainy days.
I used PROMIX soil as before and put them in much larger final planters for the rest of the season. One plant was turning black the others immediate color of white and today they are flaking like white ash. Not sure what to do, wait it out or maybe flush them. I am not using nutrients because I did not want to have too many variables in case something happened. Is this possibly just adjusting to the new soil. Please help advice very much appreciated. Thank you
I was having similar problems with a landrace seed run until they were about a month old and I think it was because my soil is too hot. They're almost fully recovered after a really good flush. I don't know if that's your problem or not - just throwin' it out there.... šŸ„“

apolos

Dec 14, 2022
I was having similar problems with a landrace seed run until they were about a month old and I think it was because my soil is too hot. They're almost fully recovered after a really good flush. I don't know if that's your problem or not - just throwin' it out there....
This looks like a nutrient deficiency to me. Could be caused by lockout or by being underfed. Since you said you haven't fed them, I would err on that side.

You can use the link below to compare your own plants to common deficiencies

Also I would recommend growing with microbes if you aren't already. Microbes mitigate a whole host of problems including those two as they create their own ph around the root zone, break down organic material to unlock nutrients, and they allow you to use much less nutrients when you decide to start feeding.

elite_hemp

Jan 23, 2023
There could be several possible reasons:
1. transparent shock
2. not using proper nutrients
3. improper shading

Magu

May 10, 2023
What happened? Did your plants get better?

Back