Time of death 6 AM 08/28/2021

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Kent, I sell aircraft sealants. I’m going to go in and caulk the heck out of it with some expired materials that are still good but not certified for new assembly. It will fly before if bends. My plans are to mount it to landscape timber and anchor those in with rebar. I’m half way built today, but thunder and rain are here and a flood warning, see how it goes in the morning.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
She’s up! Last break until Thanksgiving, so I got her done. Started Friday evening then the wave of storms hit. Three waves of 40 to 50 mph winds and an inch of rain each time. She withstood all of it. Finished late Saturday. The dogs have ran into the side of it a few times, hard to see the sides since they’re transparent, but now they know. Very warm inside when the sun is shining. Next to build a few shelves and a worm bin.

Overall it seems to be very steady and sold. Wasn’t sure when I started putting together how it would hold up. Chinese picture directions were fairly easy to translate, most times. I’m excited to get an early start next season.

Attachments

• 2AABDADB-CCD6-412C-BEBD-EF9B6E87AE61.jpeg
    2AABDADB-CCD6-412C-BEBD-EF9B6E87AE61.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
She’s up! Last break until Thanksgiving, so I got her done. Started Friday evening then the wave of storms hit. Three waves of 40 to 50 mph winds and an inch of rain each time. She withstood all of it. Finished late Saturday. The dogs have ran into the side of it a few times, hard to see the sides since they’re transparent, but now they know. Very warm inside when the sun is shining. Next to build a few shelves and a worm bin.

Overall it seems to be very steady and sold. Wasn’t sure when I started putting together how it would hold up. Chinese picture directions were fairly easy to translate, most times. I’m excited to get an early start next season.
🤠for the dogs put a X of masking tape on the ground units for the dogs what did you finally anchor it to on the ground sounds like it is going to withstand the weather i'll bet you were holding your breath in the weather it looks great when i built mine i built a cement pad with edge bolts than bolted 4"X 4" onto them it would take a tornado to move it knock on wood 1 2 3 we dont need one of them to test it but it has been up since i moved here in 2008 the only bad thing i did was build it under a black walnut trees and the squirrels drop walnuts on the roof all summer and i have had a couple of roof panels i have had to replace from the tree dropping old limbs on it in storms as a matter of fact i have a hole i have to fix from the tree bombing it . 🧙‍♂️

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
🤠for the dogs put a X of masking tape on the ground units for the dogs what did you finally anchor it to on the ground sounds like it is going to withstand the weather i'll bet you were holding your breath in the weather it looks great when i built mine i built a cement pad with edge bolts than bolted 4"X 4" onto them it would take a tornado to move it knock on wood 1 2 3 we dont need one of them to test it but it has been up since i moved here in 2008 the only bad thing i did was build it under a black walnut trees and the squirrels drop walnuts on the roof all summer and i have had a couple of roof panels i have had to replace from the tree dropping old limbs on it in storms as a matter of fact i have a hole i have to fix from the tree bombing it . 🧙‍♂️
Alphatoy,
I mounted it on 2 x8.s and anchored those into the ground with bent rebar. I figured if the winds get high enough to move it, then the plastics going to give first. My first bet on damages would be tree or hail damages. It is in the most protected part of the yard in a corner with good East and North sun during the colder months.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Final plant, final day of my growing season for 2021. She died in her sleep peacefully before sunrise. Wet trimmed and hanging for her sacrificial burning this Winter. There will be many days her smoke will be released into the heavens and her ashes spread on sacred ground of her ancestors.

This year was very challenging as an outside grower and usually is, but this season was even trickier. I had a plan to start earlier this season and broke womb on all five of my plants February 22 2021. I wanted to get an early start inside to get my girls in ground sooner so I could beat the extreme heat of the Midwest. The plan was to transplant as soon as last freeze date , April 15th for my region. That didn’t happen, had some major freezes all the way up to May 10th. On top of that I contracted COVID February 26th, two days before I could get vaccinated. We all survived and were ready to have a great Spring. Spring lasted ten days of torrential rains and went straight into Summer of Hell. The Summer of hell has been flood, drought, extreme heat and humidity, hail, high winds, and everything nature has to throw at you. Bug infestations to Biblical plaque standards. I want to nuke my yard so bad but I’m all organic and just can’t do it.

With all the issues and challenges I still had some pretty good harvest and some very good weed. I hope the rest of you have a great season too. I’m posting a picture or two of my last girl, I forgot to add the main cola in the picture, she was already hanging and I’m too lazy to adjust.
Nice job

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Ack to the tomb. Today was tree trimming day. I need more jars. This girl gave me 4.5 ounces of buds. One dozen seeds exactly. Had to chase off some small spiders and pick off some strange insect eggs. Smells great some of these buds are big enough to feed dinosaurs.

I always like to look at my plants up close with the jewelry loupe after drying too. You can find stuff in there you couldn’t see before, like tiny spiders And egg sacks. I’m all set for the Winter and seeds to start next Spring in the greenhouse.

Attachments

• 0B37882D-CCD5-481C-8621-230D7F37BEF9.jpeg
    0B37882D-CCD5-481C-8621-230D7F37BEF9.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 778312A9-CE9F-42D8-8AB0-54B6E57C204A.jpeg
    778312A9-CE9F-42D8-8AB0-54B6E57C204A.jpeg
    761.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 12DF76D3-9252-4A05-9080-FC67AA07A7BD.jpeg
    12DF76D3-9252-4A05-9080-FC67AA07A7BD.jpeg
    877.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 3289F4B0-5E10-4AF1-B0E2-460BC406FC52.jpeg
    3289F4B0-5E10-4AF1-B0E2-460BC406FC52.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Ack to the tomb. Today was tree trimming day. I need more jars. This girl gave me 4.5 ounces of buds. One dozen seeds exactly. Had to chase off some small spiders and pick off some strange insect eggs. Smells great some of these buds are big enough to feed dinosaurs.

I always like to look at my plants up close with the jewelry loupe after drying too. You can find stuff in there you couldn’t see before, like tiny spiders And egg sacks. I’m all set for the Winter and seeds to start next Spring in the greenhouse.
🤠maybe they are a new type of trycones instead of bug eggs are you going to smoke them haha good luck 🧙‍♂️

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
I've been doing a 3 bucket wash on my harvests lately. It's pretty new to me but once I started researching it, there is a lot of good information on how to wash your weed and the benefits of it. High quality smoke it my goal. IMG_1969.JPG Members here turned me on to it. I would recommend it for outdoor growing. I did it on my recent indoor harvest after noticing the dust build up inside the grow room. It gets all that shit off that I don't want to be smoking and makes the smoothest smoke I've experienced with no impact on potency.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
I've been doing a 3 bucket wash on my harvests lately. It's pretty new to me but once I started researching it, there is a lot of good information on how to wash your weed and the benefits of it. High quality smoke it my goal. View attachment 17612 Members here turned me on to it. I would recommend it for outdoor growing. I did it on my recent indoor harvest after noticing the dust build up inside the grow room. It gets all that shit off that I don't want to be smoking and makes the smoothest smoke I've experienced with no impact on potency.
Thanks Jason, I’m going to research this.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I've been doing a 3 bucket wash on my harvests lately. It's pretty new to me but once I started researching it, there is a lot of good information on how to wash your weed and the benefits of it. High quality smoke it my goal. View attachment 17612 Members here turned me on to it. I would recommend it for outdoor growing. I did it on my recent indoor harvest after noticing the dust build up inside the grow room. It gets all that shit off that I don't want to be smoking and makes the smoothest smoke I've experienced with no impact on potency.
🤠Whats this Jason you even have a chair to sit and watch your buds drying Boy now thats Dedication to your buds ha ha 🧙‍♂️

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
🤠Whats this Jason you even have a chair to sit and watch your buds drying Boy now thats Dedication to your buds ha ha 🧙‍♂️
Jason has it going on! Thanks for the link and advise. I’m going to try this next season. Until then I have twelve once’s of dirty pot to consume from this season.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
I have one I got from Harbor Freight & anchored it to a pier block foundation and reinforced it with internal benches. It has held up great for several years now. I did have one roof panel collapse from last winter's heavy, wet snow load. I popped it back in and was good to go. View attachment 17581
I don't grow in here much. It gets 120+ degrees on warm sunny days. I'd recommend shade cloth and pots small enough to move in and out as needed. It works great in the early and late growing season.
Jason, do you run grow lights in the greenhouse? How about drip irrigation? Those are two things I plan to install this week. That and a bong.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Jason, do you run grow lights in the greenhouse? How about drip irrigation? Those are two things I plan to install this week. That and a bong.
Hi Joe, Nope, no lights in the greenhouse or drip irrigation either. I do have a temp controlled window fan but that is it. I'm pretty much only an indoor grower so far. I've started and temporarily held plants outside and in the green house but that is it. Between grandkids and nieces & nephews, I have too many young kids running around here 👀. Some have bloodhound like olfactory senses. 👃 I keep a very low profile when it comes to growing, (and consuming), and I like to have control of the environment. Seeing all the mold and mildew issues people are dealing with right now during harvest is very concerning, especially with the wet weather I have here in the Pacific Northwest. The greenhouse tends to get in the triple digits in the summer heat too, so I'd recommend some shade cloth and good fans to your equipment list. One day I do plan to grow some outdoor monsters but for now I'm strictly indoors. Besides, my third crop for the year is finishing up now. :) ~Critical Amnesia pictured~
IMG_2581[1].JPG

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Hi Joe, Nope, no lights in the greenhouse or drip irrigation either. I do have a temp controlled window fan but that is it. I'm pretty much only an indoor grower so far. I've started and temporarily held plants outside and in the green house but that is it. Between grandkids and nieces & nephews, I have too many young kids running around here 👀. Some have bloodhound like olfactory senses. 👃 I keep a very low profile when it comes to growing, (and consuming), and I like to have control of the environment. Seeing all the mold and mildew issues people are dealing with right now during harvest is very concerning, especially with the wet weather I have here in the Pacific Northwest. The greenhouse tends to get in the triple digits in the summer heat too, so I'd recommend some shade cloth and good fans to your equipment list. One day I do plan to grow some outdoor monsters but for now I'm strictly indoors. Besides, my third crop for the year is finishing up now. :) ~Critical Amnesia pictured~
View attachment 17973
Thanks for the advise old timer. I’m in the same boat when it comes to kids and grandkids, and dogs. It gets too hot now in the greenhouse. I mainly want to start my autos early so that they peak flowering in mid June. After that it gets too damn hot and I don’t want this late season storms to ruin my crops. I’m expecting rain and storms again tonight, I wouldn’t want plants out in this weather. I did set up a rain barrel and pump today. I can measure water, nutrients, and volume this way, plus use the rain water off my pool cover.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Happy that my girls are all in jars and curing. Big test for the greenhouse tonight and again Thursday. In the bullseye of sever weather after dark tonight. You an feel it in the air. If she makes it through tonight and the big wind day on Thursday, then she will survive anything. Stay safe from Toto land.

Back