Transplanting into Coco

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
They seem to be fine, shocked im sure but none of them are looking worse. The t5 has to be 1-4 inches from the canopy to be doing it's job so I'm not sure if i can rig the hps up in there with it. I'd love to figure out a way because if i could I'll do it after the reveg and hopefully get a massive harvest.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Id be inclined to go with the t5 for veg and hps for flowering. You could run a perpetual with the closet feeding the main room so as soon as one comes out of flower you have a vegged plant ready to replace it.
You could then supplement the hps with the led for better coverage.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Id be inclined to go with the t5 for veg and hps for flowering. You could run a perpetual with the closet feeding the main room so as soon as one comes out of flower you have a vegged plant ready to replace it.
You could then supplement the hps with the led for better coverage.
As much as I'd love to run a perpetual, i just don't have the means to use both the big lights at once. I figured out my roots have been getting chilly at night, low 60's so i fixed that up and it stays 69-72 at root level now.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Exactly @Sunshine! @BudMonster plastic pots are aggravating no matter how much perlite or how many drain holes you have. The coco stays wet too long and now I've got a mild gnat problem. Im gonna get sticky yellow traps and hopefully something to get the pots off the floor so air can move under them today.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Wet feet, gnats, low temps at root level and had to use ph up and down on a few, so they've been upset. They're finally starting to look better though! May need to move the light up a bit, still need to find pot-risers, and i think they're hungry so maybe I'll feed them in a day or two. I've been raging over the acidic peat a little, i feel terrible all their root balls are still in that junk. :confounded:

20171231_031356.jpg 20171231_025905.jpg 20171231_025934.jpg 20171231_030003.jpg

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Happy new year! Ive got 2 gg#4, 2 slh, and a few no name. One of my buddies had some more gg and NL beans. I still have the nlx and magic beans from last time as well that didnt want to take. Why would i need a new mix? I hate to waste your seeds but i look online all the time and see plants less than half the age of mine at 3+ times the size.

Last edited:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Ok i know I'm doing the double post again so dont miss my above post lol my buddy is bringing me some more seeds and a small tent tonight. I'm really leaning towards a new crop...

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Why would i need a new mix?
I recommend growing in compost with perlite and vermiculite, approx rations 50-60%/30-40%/10-20.
To that I'd add mycos, about 6 tablespoons of organic fertiliser(pic below) to each 20 litres of soil (5 gal bucket) and a couple of heaped tablespoons of dolomite lime.
51aKkU3LrKL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

You should ideally let the soil sit for a few weeks prior to use but it can be used off the bat as long as you don't over do the dry fertiliser addition.
Then all you need to do is plant, water approximately once a week and sit back and watch the plants grow fast strong and healthy. The odd compost tea helps things along too.
That is the method I recommend to new growers, it's simple, tried and tested and the results are impressive.
I think you'll continue to struggle with coco it's not the easiest way to get started and requires a lot of fiddling around ph ing and measuring liquids etc, time better spent relaxing smoking organic buds.
The remaining coco you have that is unused you could use to amend your new soil mix, I'd personally bin all of the old/used medium, liquid ferts etc.
Keeping it simple is the key to success.
The tent sounds like a good score do you know what size it is? controlling the enviroment is much easier with a tent.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I recommend growing in compost with perlite and vermiculite, approx rations 50-60%/30-40%/10-20.
To that I'd add mycos, about 6 tablespoons of organic fertiliser(pic below) to each 20 litres of soil (5 gal bucket) and a couple of heaped tablespoons of dolomite lime.
51aKkU3LrKL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

You should ideally let the soil sit for a few weeks prior to use but it can be used off the bat as long as you don't over do the dry fertiliser addition.
Then all you need to do is plant, water approximately once a week and sit back and watch the plants grow fast strong and healthy. The odd compost tea helps things along too.
That is the method I recommend to new growers, it's simple, tried and tested and the results are impressive.
I think you'll continue to struggle with coco it's not the easiest way to get started and requires a lot of fiddling around ph ing and measuring liquids etc, time better spent relaxing smoking organic buds.
The remaining coco you have that is unused you could use to amend your new soil mix, I'd personally bin all of the old/used medium, liquid ferts etc.
Keeping it simple is the key to success.
The tent sounds like a good score do you know what size it is? controlling the enviroment is much easier with a tent.
I don't know know its size yet but hopefully i will tonight. I would like to bin it all and give your way a go, but i have a massive distrust of someone else compost, and i dunno if the compost i have is optimal since it's black and has bits of twigs in it. If i could get a trustworthy compost and the down to earth I'd be set because i have everything else. I can order the ferts tomorrow, do you have a link for compost i could buy?

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
So should i start anew? Their root masses are forever trapped in acidic peat and they're horribly stunted... if i can get the light off to save electricity and start a new batch i will. I'm currently searching for clones as well.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I think it may be the best idea. Look at @InternationalBeanSmuggler the mix was bad, IBS changed the mix and now the grow looks epic!!!
The mix is everything, once you've got a good basic mix I guarantee you will have buds every bit as good as mine, hopefully better!
Good luck on the clone search, just make sure they are from a good source with no hitch hiking mites :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I had a talk with them and apologized profusely that i couldn't do better and i told them that i love them, and that their pain would soon end. I shut the light and heater off. I know I shouldn't get attached but parting is such sweet sorrow. I'm pretty gutted i wasted these gifted beans too :/

Third times the charm ladies and gentlemen. I will prepare better this time.

Back