Transplanting into Coco

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks @Sunshine I sure hope so! Should I let them show me their sex in the 1 gallon pots? It'd be alot easier to up pot after the cull but I don't wanna stunt them. I want the keepers to go into 3 or 5 gallon pots, maybe fabric. I was reading up on topping and lst again, I still don't know if I will top, if I do maybe I will wait until after the cull. Thoughts? I know you said solely lst would probably suit my purposes but so many people have great luck with topping. Also, when they're all settled and hungry should I start them on a weak brew of the nectar for the gods or give them a compost tea? I have mammoth p too and I was wondering if you had experience with it. Sorry for all the questions at once! They've all been knocking around my noggin and it didn't feel right to ask until I made a step in the right direction with my grow.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Why not veg for a few weeks and flip them asap sog style, then reveg post flowering and repot the keepers into larger containers.
There's nothing wrong with topping but first run I'd concentrate on getting them through quickly and getting bud in jars, when you reveg they will all be topped by default and become extremely bushy.
Compost tea is never a bad idea, in fact doing one now/next few days wouldn't be a bad idea at all :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Personally I wouldn't veg potential males for protracted amounts of time, train them etc.
I'd flip mixed seeds asap (2-3 weeks) to determine 1. sex 2. keepers/plants of interest then reveg and go from there, then at that stage when you have lower numbers of definite females vegging for longer makes sense.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
You want complete darkness during lights out, this is particularly important during flowering.
Even small amounts of light stress could cause hermies and better quality of darkness finishes flowering quicker ;)

Back