Question usable seeds?

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
just harvested my first plant;
20210502_132319_resized.jpg
a Blue Dream Autoflower that had gotten pollinated by another blue dream and came up with the below pile of seeds from it.

To me they look very white and not like the seeds i have bought or found in dispensary weed. Are they usable or do i just have some bunk seeds now?

Sammy368

Mar 12, 2021
Hey Rancidjay, From my limited experience it looks like they haven't matured yet. Looks too pale, normally they should be a lot darker when ready. However, I don't have much experience with Autos.

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
Hey Rancidjay, From my limited experience it looks like they haven't matured yet. Looks too pale, normally they should be a lot darker when ready. However, I don't have much experience with Autos.
that's what I was thinking also, and there's no way once removed from the plant to "mature" them is there?

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
Congrats on the harvest and wellcome to FC.
Yes they might be harvested a bit early but they still may have a chance. I have had matured seeds of pale colours and I also received from breeders.
I have had similar offsprings and I think, not the white ones but pale green and brown ones may germinate I guess. If you are sure about the genetics, then you have your first cross seeds. đź‘Ť
Why dont you give a try and see what will happen? It is the best way to know.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Toss 'em in a 1 gallon pot. Mix the top 1/2 inch of soil and see what emerges. Likely a handful of them will sprout.

I have just done the same thing and ended up with 25 or so seedlings!

P

Potanistman

Squeeze the seed hard, it will crumble if not ripe..even white seeds that are solid can work, If you are desperate enough to need them

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
just harvested my first plant; View attachment 15384 a Blue Dream Autoflower that had gotten pollinated by another blue dream and came up with the below pile of seeds from it.

To me they look very white and not like the seeds i have bought or found in dispensary weed. Are they usable or do i just have some bunk seeds now?
Was the other auto a female? If so she was a hermy. I have planted very immature seeds & had 100%. They could be fun for you if from a hermie but then don't share them. The only other things is immature seeds rarely last. Put them in a jar in a dark dry cupboard. I dislike fridges they very in temperature & you may get dampness.